Home

Best played on Slow Speed

This is a discussion on Best played on Slow Speed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Best played on Slow Speed

i find that normal speed is to much like an arcade game. Slow speed makes the game react in a more natural way. the physics system stand out MUCH MUCH better than if on normal. thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best played on Slow Speed

Actually many of us like myself think very slow speed with a 0 to 10 speed threshold is best.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
Rookie

jakeywakey911's Arena

OVR: 2

I definitely agree with you! on Slow the players don't feel like they're skating around, they feel as if there is weight to them and the animations of the game overall seem to play out at a more realistic game time feel. Plus with the speed threshold lowered and gameplay at Slow you can actually beat a D-Lineman to the outside and break some runs realistically for TD's. Slow game speed definitely also brings out the IE more too. The tripping and tackles seem to work better on slow August 24th hurry up!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 03:43 AM   #4
Rookie

Play on slow and put the speed threshold at 0 for the most realistic feel for the game...as soon as the game comes ill be looking to join an online cc with those settings
Old 08-20-2012, 04:10 AM   #5
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree. slow with 0-10 S.T is the best way to go for me. I think it makes it a much more simulation type experience/feel, less skating, all the positives. I could see an argument made for very slow before I could see a good one for "normal" speed.

Im hoping the offline base speed is set at slow or very slow, as otherwise it will be quite a change going from offline CC to a ranked game.

maybe I need to find a good no cheating sim style ccm online league instead of counting on offline. just so hard to find people who stick with it, play without using glitches(sim) etc. so it makes offline what I play, then that switch to online will be drastic if you play very slow then go to normal in ranked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 04:29 AM   #6
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

I've been doing some experimenting with the demo with sliders and what-not,as I'm probably going to be releasing a set,but what I found that yields the best result (imo) is very slow,with threshold @35.

At least I have THAT part figured out when I build my sliders..lol,also have been working on the cpu running game,with great results...thank goodness the demo allows us to change these things,as I fell it's going to be easier and quicker to come up with a base set to start with.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #7
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

i kinda like normal w/ 0 threshold ...im willing to bet though that the early release will play a lil different and then the retail will play a lil more different..so nothing and no speed is set in stone for me yet..although i do like slow as well

ive found a little more speed makes the IE feel a little smoother
Old 08-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #8
Rookie

EvolutionSn1per's Arena

In previous years, the slow speed has always done it for me. However, this year slow seems too fast, and very slow seems too slow. If only there was a 0-100 or even 0-10 slider for the speed. I hope that the slow speed in the retail version is slower.
MLB - Detroit Tigers
NHL - New Jersey Devils
F1 - Red Bull F1 Racing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »