Home

The Chicago Bears

This is a discussion on The Chicago Bears within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #25
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Chicago Bears

I'm taking Hester out of the #2 WR position and playing him strictly on PR/KR where he belongs. Maybe put him on at WR for a hail mary or something, but thats about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #26
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
I'm taking Hester out of the #2 WR position and playing him strictly on PR/KR where he belongs. Maybe put him on at WR for a hail mary or something, but thats about it.
Slot receiver? Maybe some screens? Sure he is fast, but I would rather throw screens and treat those like little kick returns with blockers in front rather than asking him to run routs and catch a pass in stride... or fighting for a ball in the air.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #27
Rookie

5280Italian's Arena

OVR: 2
Thumbs up Re: The Chicago Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
If only there were a feature where BMarsh gets arrested and Cutler constantly whines.
ROFL ....10 characters
Old 08-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
1. QB. Cutler's gotta stay healthy. There are many things I want to do in CCM; help the Bears win the division and become a powerhouse is one of them. Cutler's got Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey. He should be able to find success. If he gets hurt, Jason Campbell should succeed. If Campbell doesn't do well, I'll be looking for a quarterback in the draft.
HB is a sure fire posistion with Matt Forte and Michael Bush.
WR is strong with Brandon Marshall, Jeffrey and Hester. I might look for a #4 receiver in FA, trade or draft. Johhny Knox tends to drop passes.
TE could use an update. Personally, I'm a fan of a dual TE set so I'l look for a second TE.
O line needs major help. They're why Cutler was hurt and the Bears went 8-8.
Defense- Needs youth. Peppers, Briggs and Urlacher only have a few years left. The secondary is also a concern.
Not sure what makes you say that the Bears have strong WRs. In my opinion Devin Hester should only be used sparingly, on most other teams he'd be a fourth, fifth, or maybe even sixth option. Alshon Jeffery, though he does have potential, has not shown us anything at this point and, game-wise, he will go into the game rated very low. Earl Bennett is an okay slot guy but isn't much beyond that. The Bears having no good tight ends doesn't help either. Most great teams have 5-7 solid receiving options these days (if you include the pass catching tight ends and receiving backs many teams have nowadays). I may be biased as a Packers fan but I believe the Bears only have 2 solid recieving options (Marshall, Forte, with Jeffery having the potential to develop into a third) and I think that is a huge problem, especially if one of these players is injured in your CCM. Even with additions made this offseason I think recieving is still a huge problem for the Bears.

Last edited by lavy23; 08-22-2012 at 11:00 PM. Reason: changing explanation
Old 08-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #29
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavy23
Not sure what makes you say that the Bears have strong WRs. In my opinion Devin Hester should only be used sparingly, on most other teams he'd be a fourth, fifth, or maybe even sixth option. Alshon Jeffery, though he does have potential, has not shown us anything at this point and, game-wise, he will go into the game rated very low. Earl Bennet is an okay slot guy but isn't much beyond that. The Bears having no good tight ends doesn't help either. Most great teams have 5-7 solid receiving options these days (if you include the pass catching tight ends and receiving backs many teams have nowadays). I may be biased as a Packers fan but I believe the Bears only have 3 solid receiving options (Marshall, Bennett, Forte) and I think that is a huge problem, especially if one of these players is injured in your CCM. Even with additions made this offseason I think recieving is still a huge problem for the Bears.
Sorry, I gotta disagree... I think Jeffery is gonna be really good at some point as you say though, he is gonna need time to catch on so to speak. I don't think Hester is as bad of a receiver as people make him out to be, he's definitely not a #1 or even a #2 but I think as a slot receiver he can be a very dangerous weapon, especially if you get him over the middle in space. Bennett is also a great hands guy and he has great chemistry with Cutler. Add in Forte who is as good of a receiving back as there is in the league and I think the passing game is pretty darn good. Then if you throw in a healthy Johnny Knox (who I hope is available in CCM) you have a tremendous downfield speed threat. Granted our receiving corps may not be as good as your Packers but other aspects of our team make up for that. Should be an interesting year as we have 3 true Super Bowl contenders in one division.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #30
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Slot receiver? Maybe some screens? Sure he is fast, but I would rather throw screens and treat those like little kick returns with blockers in front rather than asking him to run routs and catch a pass in stride... or fighting for a ball in the air.
Oh sure every once in a while. I was just generalizing how often I'd play him at WR (almost never). I'm going to let the man do what he's best at, and thats return those punts and kicks until he physically can't anymore.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:29 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavy23
Not sure what makes you say that the Bears have strong WRs. In my opinion Devin Hester should only be used sparingly, on most other teams he'd be a fourth, fifth, or maybe even sixth option. Alshon Jeffery, though he does have potential, has not shown us anything at this point and, game-wise, he will go into the game rated very low. Earl Bennett is an okay slot guy but isn't much beyond that. The Bears having no good tight ends doesn't help either. Most great teams have 5-7 solid receiving options these days (if you include the pass catching tight ends and receiving backs many teams have nowadays). I may be biased as a Packers fan but I believe the Bears only have 2 solid recieving options (Marshall, Forte, with Jeffery having the potential to develop into a third) and I think that is a huge problem, especially if one of these players is injured in your CCM. Even with additions made this offseason I think recieving is still a huge problem for the Bears.
If you look up the history of Bear's wide receivers this is the best bunch they have ever had.

Marshall is an incredible talent, he is at least as good as Jennings or Nelson (I know, I'm a traitor!). Bennett is a solid possession guy, Jeffery has great potential (if he can improve his work ethic). The only problem is they don't have a tight end worth a crap since Greg Olsen was traded, plus I don't think Hester should see too many snaps at receiver.

On a side note, I just defended or most hated rival lol... My best friend is a big Bears fan so I don't hate them as much as other Packer fans, I respect them and our great rivalry with them..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #32
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
If you look up the history of Bear's wide receivers this is the best bunch they have ever had.

Marshall is an incredible talent, he is at least as good as Jennings or Nelson (I know, I'm a traitor!). Bennett is a solid possession guy, Jeffery has great potential (if he can improve his work ethic). The only problem is they don't have a tight end worth a crap since Greg Olsen was traded, plus I don't think Hester should see too many snaps at receiver.

On a side note, I just defended or most hated rival lol... My best friend is a big Bears fan so I don't hate them as much as other Packer fans, I respect them and our great rivalry with them..
I think just about any decent Bear or Packer fan respects the other team and the rivalry, doesn't make it less of a rivalry to respect the teams, tradition and history. Wish I could say the same about the Lions but I have no respect for them or their fans anymore. They get a group of thugs in there that think they're hot stuff and all of a sudden they forget about their miserable history and pathetic organization. Personally, as a Bear fan, I'd much rather see the Pack win it than the Lions after seeing all their thuggish antics the last year or so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »