Home

How is M13/EA Headed in Right Direction?

This is a discussion on How is M13/EA Headed in Right Direction? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #33
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: How is M13/EA Headed in Right Direction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Madden has gotten worse???????? Get outta here man, some people already have the game and it's better than the demo, plus they already have talked about player movement and o/d line being the focus in 14.

Prepare to be wrong, get this through your heads guys, this is not the same old Madden, this is not the same leadership, this team gets it.
I don't know if it will be worse, but there's a chance that it's own problems could arise.

Anyway, the issue isn't that the game itself is headed in the right direction; based off of Madden NFL 13, it kind of is, but the issue is whether the team will pull a Madden NFL 11 on us, because remember, the same way we thought Madden 10 was the beginning is the same way Madden NFL 13 is looking like. The issue is the direction of the development team. Will they try to loosen up Madden NFL 14 like they did M11? What's their view on how Madden Ball should be?

I'm pretty sure a lot of people thought that Madden NFL 10's team got it. Usually you say how we have to wait and play the game to see if it's good. Well, to see if this team is on the right track, let's wait till Madden 14 then.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #34
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
I don't know if it will be worse, but there's a chance that it's own problems could arise.

Anyway, the issue isn't that the game itself is headed in the right direction; based off of Madden NFL 13, it kind of is, but the issue is whether the team will pull a Madden NFL 11 on us, because remember, the same way we thought Madden 10 was the beginning is the same way Madden NFL 13 is looking like. The issue is the direction of the development team. Will they try to loosen up Madden NFL 14 like they did M11? What's their view on how Madden Ball should be?

I'm pretty sure a lot of people thought that Madden NFL 10's team got it. Usually you say how we have to wait and play the game to see if it's good. Well, to see if this team is on the right track, let's wait till Madden 14 then.
If people want to wait and find out then that's fine, but until proven otherwise I stand by this. Madden 14 will be much improved over 13 and probably a similar jump as 13 was from 12 with player movement and o/d line being addressed and also Infinity 2.0
Old 08-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #35
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
I expect 14 & 15 to blow people away.
wow, here we are yet again.. the game is not even released yet and we are already "hoping" next year's release will be better.

Madden08 - "A new branching animation system allows dynamic gameplay for the first time in the franchise. Players are no longer locked into animations but are now controlled more by the player. Features of the new animation system include mid-air collisions, big-time, one-handed catches, hurdles, sideline catches and gang tackling"

Madden 09 - "Most complete NFL football package ever. Whether you're a seasoned veteran or picking up the game for the first time, players of all skill levels will enjoy a unique, yet challenging experience with the innovative Adaptive Difficulty Engine, which tailors the game to match your playing style"

Madden 10 - "PRO-TAK – New animation technology that allows up to nine players to be involved in tackles, ability to steer tackles, a more realistic pocket around the QB caused by a new blocking system, and QB avoidance actions"

Madden 11 -
"improved locomotion animation system"

Madden 12 - "A new collision system uses momentum to produce more authentic tackling and hits with 100 new tackle animations, including 40 gang tackles"

Madden 13 - "Infinity Engine - a system that augments animation based on contact with other players or objects on the field." This is meant to deliver an extra level of authenticity to Madden NFL 13."

See a pattern here?

So, you are telling me that EA finally got it right this time? and that they will not just scrap this in 2 years, only to roll out the next catchy marketing name for their "new" engine in 2014?

Why would I believe this? Why should I believe this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
If people want to wait and find out then that's fine, but until proven otherwise I stand by this. Madden 14 will be much improved over 13 and probably a similar jump as 13 was from 12 with player movement and o/d line being addressed and also Infinity 2.0
See that's the problem you all keep saying next year well its been 7 years and Madden hasn't gotten better i'm tired of waiting what will be the excuse in Madden 14? well next year will be better you will see that's what people will be saying in Madden 14.
Like i said they need to get a new engine and re wright the code because all the old code needs to be flushed out. so if you re wright with a new engine you won't have to be worried about the old bad code in the game.
stop with the excuses just makes you look like a fanboy. sorry Qed the wrong person
was meant for jt. I was a programmer for Verant worked on both eq and eq2 back in the 90's so i do know a bit about what im talking about.

Last edited by zoguloth22; 08-21-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 8

All I'm going to say is...Play 08-12 and then play just the demo of 13 and if that isn't the answer than I can't help you.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 3
It's funny how we applaud passing trajectories when it's something that should have been added since this gen launched. How can there ever be a football game with out accounting for pass trajectories??

I won't know until I play the gm if it's headed in the right direction. It's ridiculous that it has to be headed anywhere. Most games get one chance to be good or not or its not supported and you never hear from them again. But since Madden is the only nfl game we have to usher it into the right direction. Does fifa or nhl have this same kinda community? I don't think so. It's a high quality product or else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthieOne
It's funny how we applaud passing trajectories when it's something that should have been added since this gen launched. How can there ever be a football game with out accounting for pass trajectories??

I won't know until I play the gm if it's headed in the right direction. It's ridiculous that it has to be headed anywhere. Most games get one chance to be good or not or its not supported and you never hear from them again. But since Madden is the only nfl game we have to usher it into the right direction. Does fifa or nhl have this same kinda community? I don't think so. It's a high quality product or else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
One year under the new regime, can't make an observation one way or the other.

At OS, we knew what wasn't in the game, there are no surprises.

NHL and FIFA went through the same growing pains with the physics engine, so, yes, no game is perfect and you won't be able to please all your customers.

Booey, do your really believe they will scrap the physics engine in the next two years?
Old 08-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0
It's just things you see while playing the demo. Catching animations look fantastic for both wrs and corners.

I tried to users pick near the sideline did catch it but my DB toe tapped as if to establish possession had I made the pick.

Catching a pass and turning it up field doesn't seem so stiff anymore.
They still have work to do but I'm happy with the progress with this game so far.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »