Home

How is M13/EA Headed in Right Direction?

This is a discussion on How is M13/EA Headed in Right Direction? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How is M13/EA Headed in Right Direction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And I couldn't disagree with you more.

1)Madden hasn't had that type of franchise mode, period, minus the features missing from last year. By the way, let's not knock CCM until we tried it. I will agree with you once I try it and find it "THE WORST" franchise mode I've seen.

2) Wow, on this one. Only playing the demo for the infinity engine or have you bothered to look at the retail videos? It's much more tuned and less arcadey vs the demo. Do you play NHL or FIFA? Both games have had the IE put in them the last 2-3 yrs and they've been tuning since then. Madden is following the footsteps of NHL and FIFA.

3) I've been using game plan and I don't see the physic defense you see. Last game, the Giants were down by 3 and they had possession with 50 seconds left. I thought the stupid AI would kick in and the Giants would try to run the ball, nope. 4 times Eli tried to throw the ball and 4 times he was denied. I will agree sometimes the AI act dumb in late game situations, but this time, I was wrong.
I've played multiple games of the demo and 90% of the time the AI runs the ball in late game situations when they have no business doing so. Like at the 50 yd line with no timeouts down by 7 with a minute to go stupid...I wouldn't say sometimes - more like the majority of the time.

The last game I played Eli threw 4 ints, most into double coverage. This is with my pass defense slider down at 25. There are constantly wide receivers open and the cpu QB completely avoids them and throws into double coverage.

I have yet to have the cpu QB have a decent game against me. The only targets they are able to find with any consistency is the te's. Cruz and Nicks have done absolutely nothing against me aside from the very rare deep bomb where they burned my CB.

And no I don't run some money play on defense over and over. In fact, I'm concerned that I mix up my play calling too much for the cpu to get a feel on what I'm doing. The point is the CPU AI passing game is horrible, the play calling is horrible and the running game ain't much better.

Hopefully in the retail version it will be better; but as it stands, the poor cpu ai negates all the great aspects of CC offline. What good are all those features if the cpu still plays a piss poor game?
Old 08-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #58
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
You're way off base, they have accomplished in this one yr what all the other teams said they would of accomplished in their 3 yr plan. I have high hopes for what they have planned next year when j haven't even played the retail that not even out yet.
Madden NFL 10 is in red, Madden NFL 13 is in blue
Spoiler

Look how the future of Madden NFL 10 ended. That's all I'm saying. M13 is where M10 was, yet you guys are saying that this team is like godly and are moving in the direction we all want them to, when there's no proof given EA's track record.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #59
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
I've played multiple games of the demo and 90% of the time the AI runs the ball in late game situations when they have no business doing so. Like at the 50 yd line with no timeouts down by 7 with a minute to go stupid...I wouldn't say sometimes - more like the majority of the time.

The last game I played Eli threw 4 ints, most into double coverage. This is with my pass defense slider down at 25. There are constantly wide receivers open and the cpu QB completely avoids them and throws into double coverage.

I have yet to have the cpu QB have a decent game against me. The only targets they are able to find with any consistency is the te's. Cruz and Nicks have done absolutely nothing against me aside from the very rare deep bomb where they burned my CB.

And no I don't run some money play on defense over and over. In fact, I'm concerned that I mix up my play calling too much for the cpu to get a feel on what I'm doing. The point is the CPU AI passing game is horrible, the play calling is horrible and the running game ain't much better.

Hopefully in the retail version it will be better; but as it stands, the poor cpu ai negates all the great aspects of CC offline. What good are all those features if the cpu still plays a piss poor game?
CPU AI prolly isn't tuned all that well for the demo. its mostly just to show off the new gameplay improvements like IE and pass trajectories and such.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #60
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
Madden NFL 10 is in red, Madden NFL 13 is in blue
Spoiler

Look how the future of Madden NFL 10 ended. That's all I'm saying. M13 is where M10 was, yet you guys are saying that this team is like godly and are moving in the direction we all want them to, when there's no proof given EA's track record.
One could say that the future looks promising with the head of football operations a former QB, a former pro OL, Roy Harvey from NCAA, Kolbe from The Show, Mike Young and Josh Looman and former OS posters employed at Madden.

One could say track records can be broken, too.

One must take into consideration that anything is possible.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 9

Wow...I never thought I would get so many responses but this thread seems to have two sets of people and I am right in the middle.

There are days that I play the demo and I really think the game may be headed in the right direction...then I run a toss play with 3 blockers and ONE DEFENDER a head of me and NO ONE blocks. This is a part of the game that pisses me off!

I dont want to say the infinity engine is a gimmick but, Like i said earlier how does it make the game better? How does it make it more realistic. I've asked I think twice already in this thread with no response.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #62
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones16
Wow...I never thought I would get so many responses but this thread seems to have two sets of people and I am right in the middle.

There are days that I play the demo and I really think the game may be headed in the right direction...then I run a toss play with 3 blockers and ONE DEFENDER a head of me and NO ONE blocks. This is a part of the game that pisses me off!

I dont want to say the infinity engine is a gimmick but, Like i said earlier how does it make the game better? How does it make it more realistic. I've asked I think twice already in this thread with no response.
Maybe because you are looking for perfection on something they just implemented 8 months ago.

I think I stated earlier, both FIFA and NHL have physics engines in the last two to three years and had growing pains as well.

Needs time to develop and breathe like a fine wine, but some people want things now in this society.(not saying you OP)
Old 08-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Maybe because you are looking for perfection on something they just implemented 8 months ago.

I think I stated earlier, both FIFA and NHL have physics engines in the last two to three years and had growing pains as well.

Needs time to develop and breathe like a fine wine, but some people want things now in this society.(not saying you OP)
To be fair, I wanted things 7 years ago and am still waiting. The game has had a lot of time to develop. So it really isn't that impatient immediate satisfaction you are eluding to. I think we have been VERY patient.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #64
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
One could say that the future looks promising with the head of football operations a former QB, a former pro OL, Roy Harvey from NCAA, Kolbe from The Show, Mike Young and Josh Looman and former OS posters employed at Madden.

One could say track records can be broken, too.

One must take into consideration that anything is possible.
That is true. I didn't take that into consideration. Granted, do you know if any other people were involved as much in past Maddens?

Quote:

Remember, we don't want perfection, we just want it to be good. Not saying IE should very good right now, just reminding us about the main goal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »