Home

Five Ways To Make Madden 12 Last One More Week

This is a discussion on Five Ways To Make Madden 12 Last One More Week within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2016, 05:00 PM   #65
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Five Ways To Make Madden 12 Last One More Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac747
I guess i am back on the M12 train. Had M16 for ps4...it was 'ok' I guess. Now I have M17 for the Ps4 pre-ordered...Lol..guess I'll be selling that as soon as it comes in. M12 plays a good game of football. And, I really prefer the franchise mode.So, I upload one of my roster files to start a new franchise (1972 roster file)...made everything look ole school with madden editor,and then I started changing names and equipment for my 1973 draft and will continue to change draft in each franchise years to come.BTW, I also changed playbooks for each team to reflect the era as well as change coaches names and stadium names. This game feels like football should feel.
Wow, so you're saying M12 for the PS3 plays a better game of football than anything on PS4? That is insane! I've never played on PS4, so I have no opinion on it.

I, too, am going back to M12. What sort of sliders do you use? I remember always trying to find something that worked realistically back when I was heavy into it. Never found anything. I used to get so frustrated with the QB holding onto the ball for so long and the LE racking up 70% of the sacks and the rest going to the DTs. Oh and the crazy leaping LBs also drove me nuts!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 08:53 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsam
Wow, so you're saying M12 for the PS3 plays a better game of football than anything on PS4? That is insane! I've never played on PS4, so I have no opinion on it.

I, too, am going back to M12. What sort of sliders do you use? I remember always trying to find something that worked realistically back when I was heavy into it. Never found anything. I used to get so frustrated with the QB holding onto the ball for so long and the LE racking up 70% of the sacks and the rest going to the DTs. Oh and the crazy leaping LBs also drove me nuts!
Not necessarily saying that is plays a better game of football, just better for me in my opinion. I like the hitting better more so than that barely touching a player and they fall. Football is a violent sport, so the hits should be a reflection of the sport.As far as the LB's go..if you have access to bruteforce and the M12 editor you can edit the LB's jumping ability with mass editing. Takes only a few seconds to do. I have adjusted socks length,DL and LB's jumping abilities as well as secondaries jumping ability.As far as sliders go...that's more of a preference thing.I have 3 different sets, but here is the one I use for my 1972 roster file:
Player Skill:QB acc. 12,pb25,wr catch40,brocken tackles30,run blocking2,fumbles50,reaction time (this is big in the game)98,int 35,pass rush41,block shedding0,tackling 50.
CPU Skill:qb qcc.6,pass block0,wr catch39,brocken tackles25,run block2,fumbles50,reaction time99,int24,pass rush33,reaction time for def.97,block shedding0,tackling38. As I stated earlier is all about preference. Good Luck
Old 08-17-2016, 08:59 AM   #67
Rookie

BTW, here a little tip: don't do play action to often, the defense will get to your qb quicker. Also, watch the db's on your wr's, if they are looking inward to your offense, they are anticipating the run.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:18 PM   #68
Pro

kcsam's Arena

Quote:
BTW, here a little tip: don't do play action to often, the defense will get to your qb quicker. Also, watch the db's on your wr's, if they are looking inward to your offense, they are anticipating the run.
Thanks for the sliders. I do have the editor and used it in the past. What do you set jumping to for LBs and DB? Any other mass edits you make for a specific position rating?
Old 08-22-2016, 10:47 AM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Thanks for the sliders. I do have the editor and used it in the past. What do you set jumping to for LBs and DB? Any other mass edits you make for a specific position rating?
For me I minimize the jumping ability a great deal...LB's and DL use redistribute from 2 to 5...DB's from 5 to 10.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:20 PM   #70
Pro

kcsam's Arena

Quote:
For me I minimize the jumping ability a great deal...LB's and DL use redistribute from 2 to 5...DB's from 5 to 10.
So I understand this correct... You drop LBs jumping ability from anywhere to 2-5 overall? And the DBs from 5-10 overall? Wow, that's a huge drop! I need to try that out and see if it cuts-out the crazy leaping INTs.

Are there any other edits you've made to the rosters to make it play a better game?
Old 08-22-2016, 03:24 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
So I understand this correct... You drop LBs jumping ability from anywhere to 2-5 overall? And the DBs from 5-10 overall? Wow, that's a huge drop! I need to try that out and see if it cuts-out the crazy leaping INTs.

Are there any other edits you've made to the rosters to make it play a better game?
Take away the bull rush for all DL and LB's, they don't do nothing but fall down anyway.Personally, I prefer not to use commentary...really what's the point.It's repetitive and boring.I hear enough of Gus when he goes on and on about the super bowl winner. Make sure all your sounds of the game is at 100.This will emerge you more into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 04:01 PM   #72
Rookie

Had this file requested hope it opens for anyone that chooses to use it.Its for PS3...all the credit goes to Carl for creating this fantastic file for M25. I was lucky to convert it about 2 yrs. ago for M12. A few things you will need to know....a small amount of players have purple faces and Jim Plunkett is 4'11..lol. I edit someone else to be Plunkett and gave the same attributes to that player. Don't forget in franchise mode your depth chart must be accurate or you will not be able to simulate games.This was my first time doing this, so lets hope this worked. Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: zip BLUS30770-ROSTER-1972ROSTER.zip (777.1 KB, 3 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »