Home

Help Me Choose A QB

This is a discussion on Help Me Choose A QB within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Help Me Choose A QB

I would recommend Pryor. He can be everything RGIII will be for your team minus some accuracy. He will also be incredibly cheap because he is the third string QB on his own team. He also throws a moderately accurate bomb which is one of the most underrated attribute of the game. Anyone who has tried to throw a hail mary with Mark Sanchez can attest to that.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #10
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc_kobw
So when Madden 13 comes out, me and my a few friends are going to start an Online CC. For about the past month, I've had my mind set on trading for Robert Griffin III. Today though, as I was looking over the QB ratings, I found a few more that I would like to play with. Jake Locker, Ryan Tannehill, Russel Wilson, and Terrelle Pryor.

I like each once of these guys. They are all mobile QB's and have okay to good throwing power. The one thing most of them lack though is throwing accuracy. I plan to be a run heavy team, but when I do pass the ball it will be a lot of roll out plays that involve mainly short to medium throws. There accuracy can all be improved by XP though.

Obviously RG3 is going to be the best player in the game of the bunch, but it could possibly cost me to much to trade for him. I think the other players being cheaper, would allow me to improve another position or two on my team as well.

There is something else I've also been wondering. I know about how players progess through XP. But if I have a lower overall rated player reach his goal, will he receive the same amount of XP as would the higher overall rated player for reaching his goal? Also, is there an age when players start to decline?

Anyways, I just want to hear some opinions on who you all think would be a good choice. I want some fun out of it and I kind of just want to show all my friends that I can beat them with a lower rated player. It would also make a good story line if I can make one of these QB's one of the best in the league.
I think it'd be the most fun to be Pryor. The guy considered quitting football a few months back, and now that the Raiders have Matt Leinart, Pryor won't see much playing time. He's the lowest rated of those guys, so he'd be the most fun to play as and make successful.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 08-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

Josh Cribbs and Brad Smith used to play QB before they were moved to WR. . . I'd trade for them, use the XP system to raise their passing, I'm sure their mobility attributes are all there.

Or you could REALLY take a challenge,

Look for Darron Thomas from Oregon, should be very low, but fast.

Players will earn the same amount of XP, however some player's XP are more expensive than others. Based on their development rating, they will require different amounts.

So if Calvin Johnson has 98 DEV. and Malcom Kelly has 37, then Calvin's attributes will be cheaper?

From what I've read that's how it goes.

However, I'm sure most of Calvin's #s are already in mid-high 90's, so for a while there I think Kelly's will be cheaper at the lower numbers, and get more expensive as you increase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #12
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

Tebow!!!! No but seriously i think Pryor would be fun to play with (pause) and you should be able to get him cheap since i don't think he is that high on their depth chart.

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 08-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #13
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4

You could trade with a guy in your league for Tebow. Or if no one has Carolina yet, roll with Scam Newton.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #14
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

The guy taking the Jets is another Tebow fan, he sure wouldn't trade him. lol
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.

Last edited by unc_kobw; 08-22-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #15
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

I would love to have Cam, but he is in the same building as RG3. I dont want to give up half my team to get them. lol

I have been leaning toward Pryor and Wilson. I also wonder if Wilson will get a rating bump if he is named the Seahawks starter.

And is there an age where players start to get worse? This is something else that I think is very important.
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #16
Rookie

Deelron's Arena

OVR: 6

You might also want to take a look at Colin Kaepernick, he seems to fit the mold of some of the guys on your list.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »