Home

Is it a Good sign or Bad sign, update right after

This is a discussion on Is it a Good sign or Bad sign, update right after within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Is it a Good sign or Bad sign, update right after

To all the guys above that answer to my thread,.. You guys are Class AAA group,. I want to thank you all for the great answers n help me look at it diff ways,..I agree with you all...n. not being rude!!!! Only if all sites had ppl like ya,..Thanks again,..means a lot to a handicap guy like I....
Old 08-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 11

Honestly, its no sign. Lots of games now have updates at release. Madden 12 I know even had a roster update at release. Its just the nature of games now.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 10

It really depends. Maddens patches and patches in general tend to break other aspects of the game so ill weigh the pros and cons before downloading the patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

If they someone manage to get player equipment edits in this update... this will be make my day 10x over...

...i've nagged Josh... Jake Stein... even hit up Jean Adams (the guy who made the blog about having to update equipment constantly throughout the year...) on facebook... about whether roster updates would have equipment updates included... since, for example, Cam Newton has high top cleats, with high white socks... then could possibly give him high ankle tape... to represent his look...

anyhoo...

none of them responded to my inquiry...

...hopefully it will be included in the update...

...it would make this madden damn near perfect for me.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #13
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

As some other have said it's definitely a good sign and lots of games already do this. You have to understand, production of the game stopped around two months ago. Since then the game has been prepping for retail. That means they've been idling around possibly brainstorming for '14 and have been figuring out what to fix once it hits shelves.

However, release day updates are always very minor and may include only a few small stability fixes or tweaks. The larger and more comprehensive patches will come once the community explodes with complaints lol. Expect a "real" patch around October or November.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
As some other have said it's definitely a good sign and lots of games already do this. You have to understand, production of the game stopped around two months ago. Since then the game has been prepping for retail. That means they've been idling around possibly brainstorming for '14 and have been figuring out what to fix once it hits shelves.

However, release day updates are always very minor and may include only a few small stability fixes or tweaks. The larger and more comprehensive patches will come once the community explodes with complaints lol. Expect a "real" patch around October or November.
What if the community has already exploded before the game even released? For example multiple team control or editing? Not saying it can or will happen but EA has been hearing complaints about these and other things for the past 2 to 3 months.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #15
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
What if the community has already exploded before the game even released? For example multiple team control or editing? Not saying it can or will happen but EA has been hearing complaints about these and other things for the past 2 to 3 months.
lol, good point. We already have threads about what a "disaster" the retail versions is. Child, please. Let the game drop first before you get your pitchforks and torches.

Unfortunately, those options will not be added in any patch and I'm certain of it. I'm sure it will be something they'll take a look at for next year though.

However, you heard it here first, the first patch at launch will be very minor tweaks such as an updated uniform or game stability.

The second, more comprehensive patch will be a full laundry list of bug fixes and AI tweaks and probably more art patches.

The third patch will fix what the second patch broke, , and add on to the AI fixes and art fixes.

This is all speculation of course, but I'm taking it from prior knowledge of watching patches drop for half a decade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #16
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Why are we acting like this is a surprise or uncommon? The majority of games these days seem to have release day updates or updates shortly thereafter.

To me this doesn't mean anything one way or another.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »