Home

Downloading the Full Game For PS-3 from PSN vs. Purchasing Retail Game?

This is a discussion on Downloading the Full Game For PS-3 from PSN vs. Purchasing Retail Game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 04:27 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Post Downloading the Full Game For PS-3 from PSN vs. Purchasing Retail Game?

Which is wiser to do? I would hate to download the Full Game of Madden 13 and then have my PS-3 blow-up or have a temporary problem and then not be able to play the game. If you purchase the game via download Online, can you download it again if need be? I have not played Madden since 2006 and I am somewhat excited about Madden 13, so I think six years without a football game has come to and end this year! Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Downloading the Full Game For PS-3 from PSN vs. Purchasing Retail Game?

i cant say to much dont own a ps3 but for xbox i download few games off dashboard before no problems at all

so some of the stuff might not apply to ur system

good things i see
you wont ever have switch games
load time might be tib faster
if bought the game and delete it and u could redownload it for free assume u can do the same for ps3

cons i see
memory space it will take up
if the game get old u dont like it u can't trade it in and get some profit back
that u spend on the game

remember this all base on my system and not the ps3 so some things may be different on the ps3 and i may said some things wrong
but if xbox have madden 13 download on realased day i think i woud still buy it so when madden 14 come out or if i dont like madden i could at least trade it in and get some money back

look i bought ridege racer on the xbox for 39.99 over buying it at store that was selling it for 49.99-59.99 wish i didnt buy it since this feel not ridge racer at all and i cant trade it in and make some profit
Old 08-23-2012, 06:55 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

the game is tied to your psn account not your ps3 bro
Old 08-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4
I don't want to start a new thread but do we know if this will be available to purchase on xbox live on release date?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrobat
I don't want to start a new thread but do we know if this will be available to purchase on xbox live on release date?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
No it will not. Maybe sometime down the road, but by then you will probably have it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
Rookie

Soprano00's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah000
Which is wiser to do? I would hate to download the Full Game of Madden 13 and then have my PS-3 blow-up or have a temporary problem and then not be able to play the game. If you purchase the game via download Online, can you download it again if need be? I have not played Madden since 2006 and I am somewhat excited about Madden 13, so I think six years without a football game has come to and end this year! Thanks
You can download it again on another ps3 providing you use the same PSN id. Speaking of what's better: the retail disk can be sold the year after for a good price, it's always the better choice for sport games IMHO
Old 08-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #7
Rookie

trufootball's Arena

OVR: 11

i don't see why you wouldn't just buy a physical copy bro, there's no upside in a digital version, you can do whatever you want with the physical version and take it anywhere. Plus you get the boxart which cost money too. Digital sucks and you know that **** will take forever to download. Just my opinion, I collect classic games so i guess i'm a little bias but i like having a physical copy and box.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:56 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trufootball
i don't see why you wouldn't just buy a physical copy bro, there's no upside in a digital version, you can do whatever you want with the physical version and take it anywhere. Plus you get the boxart which cost money too. Digital sucks and you know that **** will take forever to download. Just my opinion, I collect classic games so i guess i'm a little bias but i like having a physical copy and box.
Well disc can break and scratch so that only is definitely an advantage for downloading it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »