Home

After Playing All Night, I Have Insight (Pic Attached)

This is a discussion on After Playing All Night, I Have Insight (Pic Attached) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
Rookie

ShavarHayes's Arena

OVR: 2
After Playing All Night, I Have Insight (Pic Attached)

I am by no means here to bash the effort that EA has put forth this year. The game is pretty sweet, even with the small nuances I'm about to divulge. The game has definitely taken a step in the right direction. I pulled an all nighter, and I'm still going strong. Here are a few of the "issues"...

CC Sliders are kind of tricky: I set my difficulty on All Madden, but unlike the sliders that normally come with that setting, CCM gives you 50's across the board. I'm still trying hard to find the sweet spots. An annoying thing is that you can't adjust your sliders in-game. You have to do it from CCM interface. I like to make my tweaks on a drive by drive basis...kind of sux that I can't do that in CCM.

LACK OF CUSTOMIZATION: We all know about our inability to customize equipment, ratings, etc within CCM. I thought they would at least give us that option for offline CC's. No sir. Trust me, even though you know this to be true, it hits you when you're within the mode with such limitations. Why would EA take a step back on such a simple thing? Another thing on this topic...you can't adjust your playbook within CCM. You have to do your audibles from the the regular settings screen. No abilty to do them within CC. You CAN adjust them in game, but it doesn't save. Weird. This also means that if you want to go into practice mode and try out a new playbook, no can do. So, even if you use a playbook different from your team during games, you can't test them out in practice. Really backwards.

The Little Things: AI must be tuned immediately. I've seen instances where I've been up a touchdown with under a minute to go...the AI has no timeouts, and they call ISO's...what in the world? Then, they rush to the LOS, and spike the ball. This MUST be fixed ASAP. I also noticed in my CC with Denver, Von Miller broke his hand, and the injury report said "out for season". Then, after the game, I go to the injury report, and we don't have any injuries...super weird. I also hate how the scoreboard (top of screen) disappears in between plays sometimes. I just like being able to watch the clock in between my plays.

In closing, I've never been one to not find the "fun factor" in a Madden title. This year is no different. It just seems that for all the great things they've added, they dropped the ball on a lot of the details that add immersion. We shall see if some of these things can get patched up. I hope so. It's early in the game, so there's hope. I'm just afraid that the floodgates will open up once the real detail freaks come out, lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1034.jpg (488.0 KB, 1043 views)

I play sim because there's no other way to play. PERIOD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: After Playing All Night, I Have Insight (Pic Attached)

Thanks for sharing the info with us. In your opinion, how do the physics differ from the demo?
Old 08-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

Thanks for this!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
Rookie

ShavarHayes's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede_94
Thanks for sharing the info with us. In your opinion, how do the physics differ from the demo?
Honestly, bro...it's not THAT different. It seems a tad bit more polished since the demo build. Guys are still falling awkwardly after plays and whatnot. But definitely a bit more polished. After 8 games, still haven't seen a PI call :-( even with the penalty slider at 100.

I play sim because there's no other way to play. PERIOD
Old 08-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShavarHayes
Honestly, bro...it's not THAT different. It seems a tad bit more polished since the demo build. Guys are still falling awkwardly after plays and whatnot. But definitely a bit more polished. After 8 games, still haven't seen a PI call :-( even with the penalty slider at 100.
I got one in the Demo before.. but it was really a BS call.

Man, even in video games I hate the refs!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShavarHayes
Thanks for the response. Damn those PI calls gotta be fixed. Enjoy the game man!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5

I think P.I.'s were better in Madden 06 on the 360 sadly...
Old 08-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

You points are right on with mine..

I did see a ill touching twice in one game yesterday. I was shocked
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-35.JPG (469.5 KB, 966 views)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »