Home

Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Presentation (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Presentation (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #73
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Presentation (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

Whoever was in charge of the presentation visually(replays,post/pre-play cutscenes) needs a stern talking to, lol. Seriously though.....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 5

Another gripe with replays...

I just picked off Ryan Fitzpatrick with Darrelle Revis and returned it for a 99-yard touchdown, executing a spin move to shake the final defender. It was one of the most amazing moves I've ever pulled off in a Madden game.

I go to the end of game highlights to view it again (and hopefully save it) but all it shows is Revis running unopposed into the endzone from the 40 yard line - even though the pure beauty of the play happened in the 5-10 seconds preceding this.

Extremely disappointing that EA does not have a user-friendly system that lets players review their most memorable events. Now, instead of basking in how awesome it was and perhaps posting a video to Twitter, I quit the game with a bitter taste in my mouth that such a simple facet of video gaming was not carried into Madden 13.

Here is where the replay of Revis' 99-yard TD interception BEGINS:

Last edited by Alistair; 08-30-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 0

Preseason Depth Charts >..Players playing out of position WR1 is CB2 after first QT of game play. No Mass sub, In the preseason players in the first string offence or defense get off the field of play all together... Kickoff coverage why is Cam Newton on kickoff coverages on the Cut cence to start the game. The officials give their backs to the camera ;anyone notice this at EA? There is still Audio issues i.e. stop was made. No name its just silent....Or stops the play. no follow up... 82 hours of audio way better then last years but players being called by #37 Jonathan Nelson was in MD12 without a player pic but his entiered name was pronouce just put MD12 go to a game n play as the Panthers on D you hear clearly said the hole name once made a play with that player.. In this years only a handfull of players get their names acutally used properly when a play is made with them.David Garrard has been in the league a long time a very long time. He gets no college credits ...I wish there was a system in which the CPU can actually say names no matter what even on Created players or drafted players... I notice the draft has the same players over and over again... Trion is a white guys foto but a black player with dreads WR, Indonesia is HB. a LT and MLB Lugo, Colling , Ford.. these are all the same. Mayor issues is these players draftees some dont even have proper equipment.. No gloves, weird face mask, huge calfs is in again this year..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #76
Rookie

overlay's Arena

I've had to turn off my commentary already. It's more annoying than any other Madden game in recent memory.

"THE QUARTERBACK APPEARS TO BE MAKING SOME CHANGES ON THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE!"

He says something to this effect EVERY single time I do an audible or hot route, Which is nearly every single play. Even if I'm just switching the run from right to left. In the NFL, quarterbacks like Peyton are calling some form of an audible on every single play. These are NOT always mentioned in real NFL commentary.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #77
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlay
I've had to turn off my commentary already. It's more annoying than any other Madden game in recent memory.

"THE QUARTERBACK APPEARS TO BE MAKING SOME CHANGES ON THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE!"

He says something to this effect EVERY single time I do an audible or hot route, Which is nearly every single play. Even if I'm just switching the run from right to left. In the NFL, quarterbacks like Peyton are calling some form of an audible on every single play. These are NOT always mentioned in real NFL commentary.
I hate this as well. Very annoying.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #78
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Simms comments on me shifting my LBs every time, even though he'll say it's the DL moving when it's not. Much like the ugly replays, it's not necessary to comment EVERY time.

The cpu QB threw a swing pass to a RB and it was behind the line of scrimmage and went out of bounds for a four yard loss. It was ruled a fumble so Simms went off on how the ball carrier was just pounded resulting in a fumble when that never happened. I can live with some of these mistakes in year one of the commentary but it should be better next year.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #79
Pro

I don't know if anyone paid attention but the Team specefic logos are not in the back of the helmets only the revolution one ...Speed forget about it its just a white plate...
Old 08-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #80
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
Seems they removed team specific chants after a TD? No more Bear Down Chicago Bears from what i can tell. That absolutely sucks. Freaking pissed actually.
I'm pissed too. Yep, no more Lions roar after a big play for Detroit. They were in last year..why in the world would they take them out?

I tweeted the audio manager for Madden 13 about this...hopefully they'll patch them in. If anyone knows his email, send him a heads up.

Last edited by Triathlete_201; 08-30-2012 at 04:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »