Home

Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Gameplay (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Gameplay (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Gameplay (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

Opposing team celebrates when they get scored on after a turnover.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #66
EA SPORTS Community Mgr.

Dewiel's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis45
Is anyone else noticing this?
What position are you personally controlling on defense when you're seeing this? Are you a defensive lineman?
Old 08-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #67
MVP

Hats off to the dev team this year. Gameplay is pretty good but hopefully they can shore up the infinity engine for next year so that there aren't as many strange body contortions. They have to figure out a way to put some resistance/muscle tightening into the limbs. I have absolutely no idea how they'd be able to do it but its needed. More stability is needed within the rag doll player model.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #68
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Man.....

Well I am playing my first game now. All-madden, 8 min qtrs, slow speed, everything else default. Panthers (Me) vs Saints

I'm writing impressions as the game is being played.

Twice so far in the first half, Brees has thrown a ball that hit his WR in the facemask. Hate seeing that. I should be down 10-7 but am up 7-3 because one of those "helmet drops" was on a streak and I had blown the coverage (I user the safety) in cover 2 sink. Also CPU QB related, I have seen this once already, it's an NCAA problem where the CPU just rockets the ball out of bounds after taking one step back. Again, just once so far, but this is the first half of the first game I have played

Just got burned by Pierre Thomas for a 97 yard run. I pinned them deep with a punt, on first down committed to run down the middle and stopped the FB dive, on second down commited to run down the middle and Thomas took the handoff and bounced it outside. Watched the replay a few times and it is interesting to see my LBs shoot the A gaps on the run commit and then run into and bounc of other players when trying to change direction. It's kinda cool seeing these hyper-realistic touches in an EA football game.

I am happy to feel weight for the first time....I mean, ever on this generation at least. I was strafing back, staying on top of a WR with my SS, he cuts on an in-route about 10 yards deep, and my SS had to take a plant step before changing direction and I was beat on the route. Very welcome improvement

Saints are starting to pull away now in the second half, zone was getting eaten alive, man has slowed them down a little since then.

I think it feels pretty great on slow speed. The physics are apparent but not overwhelming.

Steve Smith just had an amazing one handed grab on a fade route. This was after he scored on an 80 yard FL screen play, which is a play I could never get to work in NCAA. The fade almost turned into a slant because the CB bumped him and forced him inside as the ball was thrown, he regained his balance and went up (all CPU controlled) and made just an insanely sick catch. Which I could post that video.

I've gotten zero pressure from my front 4. edge rush d-line audible seems useless in this particular matchup at least

Sproles only got the ball twice on offense. I do need to find a qtr length setting/clock runoff setting that works though, 8 mins just too short for Madden

Final score 34-21 for the Saints.

So. it's just one game, I admit that. Very impressed with some of the improvements. Really wish they could make the CPU play calling, CPU QB play feel more "organic," that aspect of it does feel stale to me honestly. Blocking, tackling, anything with physics, felt pretty cool and fresh though. I will definitely admit that aspect of it all has me excited. Seems to be a lot of potential here, anxiously awaiting my favorite slider makers to release their first sets.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 08-25-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #69
Pro

TDavis45's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
What position are you personally controlling on defense when you're seeing this? Are you a defensive lineman?
Yes always use DT, Play on All-Pro. Also saw this in the 2 games I played online. Happened using both ZONE and MAN coverages.

PS4 Username: TJDavis45

Isaiah 41:10
Old 08-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #70
Mid-Range Mamba

iceberg760's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Madden 13 has exceeded my expectations and then some. What an incredible work of art! Absolutely, the best football game I have ever played! It's not perfect, but it is one heck of an effort by EA Sports! Applaud
Feeling the same way--Pleasently suprised that this game delivers....had 2 replay a couple plays (one armed catch and dude gets cracked/coughing the ball up)....DIG the pass trajectories/very noticeable when throwing into tight coverage--i know/i know--i should continue with my progressions...lol...

--- 12 min/HOF/Sim ---
GT: Rap Junkie951 // PSN: Crown_n_Smoke
Old 08-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #71
Rookie

ryn2o01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis45
Yes always use DT, Play on All-Pro. Also saw this in the 2 games I played online. Happened using both ZONE and MAN coverages.
Having the same thing happen to me. I'm playing All Pro with default sliders. I know D. Hall isn't the best corner, but AJ Green as 3 catches for 211 yards and it's just the start of the 3rd quarter. In replays he just follows him for a bit and then just drops off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #72
Rookie

Re: Madden 13 Retail Impressions - Gameplay (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
I think the speed threshold needs adjusting for online play, check out this video and checkout what Demarcus Ware does http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/132825371

Another thing I'm noticing is that DBs are playing too far back, is this normal when not in prevent?
Pursuit angles have gotten worse the past 10 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »