Home

Official Bills Thread

This is a discussion on Official Bills Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

OVR: 0
Official Bills Thread

For Bills fans with questions and hopefully some fans with answers about the team.

I'm curious to hear about some player models if anyone has the game. Guys like Stevie Johnson, Stephon Gilmore, Ron Brooks, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #2
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Official Bills Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmafia13
For Bills fans with questions and hopefully some fans with answers about the team.

I'm curious to hear about some player models if anyone has the game. Guys like Stevie Johnson, Stephon Gilmore, Ron Brooks, etc.
Unfortunately from the videos I have seen

Fitz - Same old WRONG black hair and outdated face.

SJ13 - Same generic face and dreads portrait

Fred Jackson - Same generic face

I am hopeful Gilmore will get full treatment since he was a first rounder. BTW I met Brooks on Monday at practice, very cool guy.

Last edited by Stampede_94; 08-24-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

OVR: 0
Man bills get no love!

I'm excited about brooks, seems like a big time sleeper with great potential.

I'm hoping Mario Williams is able to get pressure in this years madden. Itd be
Nice to not have to
Blitz or control him to do that.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmafia13
Man bills get no love!

I'm excited about brooks, seems like a big time sleeper with great potential.

I'm hoping Mario Williams is able to get pressure in this years madden. Itd be
Nice to not have to
Blitz or control him to do that.
What I fail to understand is the lack of portrait updates. I don't want to beat a dead horse, because I have posted this time and time again, but the facts are the facts.

This is all over the place, but I wanted to share it because it got lost in the shuffle. We actually need an official OS thread based on appearance, because in that department, MADDEN is seriously a popularity contest.

A player portrait updated at least is not due to lack of space. I get that there is a certain time allotted for these things, but there is truly no excuse.

-Gameday programs

-Broadcast packages on NFL Network, CBS, ESPN, etc.

-Toys, collectibles, sports cards

All have updated pics and likenesses of the players and they receive all of this from NFLPA, NO ONE can tell any of us that the ONLY NFL GAME ON THE MARKET doesn't get the updated portraits of NFL players. It's EASY as all to swap this out with little or no effort. I am looking at a 4 year old pic of Stevie Johnson! Come on man! To some this doesn't matter and I get it, but portraits are a huge part of presentation of keeping the game as up to date as possible for the average fan.

. Cyber modeling... yes I get it, there is alot more to scanning a player. My stance on portraits is that they just choose not to do it, EA gets NO break from me on that. I was standing next to Stevie Johnson on Monday and I assure you his dreads were not present at that stadium, why are they present in Madden 13'?

Again, not a make or break for me because I like the direction of the new development team in wake of the crap that was left behind, but they need to get on this!

Note, It's not about if a players facial hair changes or there is a slight change. I get it that they don't need to change this although pics should be swapped out yearly regardless. New game = new pics. Anyways my gripe is that Johnson hasn't rocked dreads since his rookie season, and has been clean cut for 3 seasons now. Seeing a obviously out of date pic in a game years later re-used is just pure overlooking and assuming at this point.

One more thing: I complained about this very pic last year and it's in again this year. Gotta raise some questions at this point. Roster updates from EA truly should include player portrait updates. There is very very little work on having your art team swap out portraits, and it would be a very fair step in the right direction for the fans who's teams are outdated in the game itself. EA's give me a little they are going to get a ton of support back from me.

Also note: Roster changes and Nike uniforms are the ONLY thing that differ our Buffalo Bills from the team that was in Madden even 4 years ago? Where is our motivation to buy this game as fans of this team? I ONLY play this team when i play Madden.

Last edited by Stampede_94; 08-24-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

We pretty much need a team of people from OS and various other sites to point out that it is about EVERY aspect of the game, and nothing should be favored over the the other. We don't buy MADDEN 13' "The Gameplay update" we buy MADDEN 13' for the complete NFL package, and we aren't getting that at all.

I have had mods, members, and GC's tell me this isn't important and I respect their opinion, but when is ours going to be respected as consumers that we want at the least "key players" on our respective teams represented in some way where they have a relevant likeness for the upcoming season of MADDEN.

Like I said above, player likenesses and portraits are just as important to the broadcast package as commentary or uniform changes are. Why can EA not see this? Why do I have to play russian roulette and chance the fact that the game I am buying in MADDEN 14' will have the SAME BILLS portraits and likenesses in it? This goes for any fans ie: Arian Foster is the Texans breakout star RB, and is still generic as it gets for a face. I have to say this as well. Compared to every other game out there, MADDEN's team has it easy as all. it's not like they do full tattoo'd body scans of players and have to break down every detail. They have to do FACES. The FIFA team seem to be on it, the NHL team excels at it, heck the NBA Live team does it. Why does Tiburon seem to always find excuses and defense to why something is never updated?

We need a voice and I am kindly asking the higher ups here at OS and the Game Changers who want to step up for us fans/consumers who want to see these things in the game. Please.

Last edited by Stampede_94; 08-24-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #6
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Season ticket holder here, so I probably notice more things about the stadium then anything else. New end zones and field art is in. It also looks like the mid field logo is fixed from E3.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #7
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Season ticket holder here, so I probably notice more things about the stadium then anything else. New end zones and field art is in. It also looks like the mid field logo is fixed from E3.
Very nice. I was rightfully vocal about the extra stroke on the outside line of the logo, it really took away from it and distorted it. As a fan I understand we may go overboard at times, but you are also talking to somebody that was mad as all that they didn't even get the end zone right last season and it was more than laid out well before the season even started so of course I am gonna expect better.

Thanks for the report on that.

One more thing, as a BILLS season ticket holder, have you noticed how our retaining walls never get any updates in game nor do any other teams? The little personal touches they could add year after year would be great. Again they are textures, and it would take a little effort and it would seem like alot to a fan like me! Not trying to start a war, but this was in "certain NFL games" last gen!

One step at a time though. My focus now is to update players and make a splash from the community possibly at least getting key starters or a few players on each team's portraits updated.

Last edited by Stampede_94; 08-24-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #8
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

Let's look at this in numbers.

I am in no way excited to play this game, I am merely getting it for a football fix because my team is not updated to my liking as a majority of BILLS,CHIEFS, BROWNS etc. fans liking. Say we had the updated team we wanted portraits and cyberfaces, or any other NFL fans team that is lacking... I would GLADLY spend $24.99 on a Season pass to get access to this game early, and i'm sure every other fan would have to get our hands on a game where our team is represented to the fullest.

Instead EA is losing my money as well as every other person who is just "meh" about how our team was represented in this game. Again, this is not big to some around here, but it is a potential money loss for EA, because those of you that say " oh it doesn't matter etc." Yes it does. When you have an extra $24.99 spent by even 10,000 new subscribers because EA actually acknowledged requests we have made for this game and our voice was FINALLY heard, that more than pays for the "extra" work your team put in to take care of our very small needs. The fee's i'm sure are met, and the profit is great for them, and you have an overjoyed customer who's opinion was finally respected.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »