Home

Defensive Assignments

This is a discussion on Defensive Assignments within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #9
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Defensive Assignments

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
No it's not there. But it'll be back in 2016 as a NEW feature.

Sweet huh.

This game is more about what it doesn't have than what it does. For everything they added we lost twice as much.

Smfh
Sweet burn, bruh. Been saving that one, eh?
Old 10-18-2012, 04:33 AM   #10
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

OK, so how do you double a receiver easily? There used to be double coverage defensive plays in playbooks, and I don't see such plays in the 3-4 playbook this year, or am I missing it?
Old 10-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #11
Rookie

Jsan915's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
OK, so how do you double a receiver easily? There used to be double coverage defensive plays in playbooks, and I don't see such plays in the 3-4 playbook this year, or am I missing it?
I dont see any of those plays either. But you can hot route one of your safties or any other DB to cover him too. Also if their beating you deep man zone works well to stop deep balls. Just hot route your safties to cover the edges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

This thread has been done before...but I'll say it again. In the NFL, you won't ever see a guy like Revis lined up in front of any WR, no matter who it is, if they're in the slot.

If you see a guy in the slot, like Victor Cruz who lines up there all the time, then adjust your defense.

I think Madden does a pretty good job of lining up correctly right now. Defensive assignments in years past could cause people to go completely uncovered if people were subbed in/out due to fatigue or injury.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoleDude
This thread has been done before...but I'll say it again. In the NFL, you won't ever see a guy like Revis lined up in front of any WR, no matter who it is, if they're in the slot.

If you see a guy in the slot, like Victor Cruz who lines up there all the time, then adjust your defense.

I think Madden does a pretty good job of lining up correctly right now. Defensive assignments in years past could cause people to go completely uncovered if people were subbed in/out due to fatigue or injury.
That or at the LOS, you'll see one of your CB's running across the field to get to his designated assignment which then leaves his man open.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #14
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

The Best on Best that EA claims, as far as I have seen is as follows: It is depth chart determined: So CB#1 covers WR#1, and CB#2 covers WR#2 and so on down the line....

So it has nothing to do with a TRUE best cover best: EA assumes people will put their best player in #1 and the next best in #2 on the depth chart, on down....

Thus in game people can make mismatches with ease on offense and the defense has next to no way to adjust....
Old 10-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

My CBs do adjust coverages based off of the depth chart, this isn't what I want.

I have Woodson at SS in base, and just like real life, in the nickel I move him to the slot(or what should be the slot) instead I find him covering someone on the edge because their best WR lined up in the slot.

How do you do these hot routes for defenders to double team? I see options to blitz man up zone, etc...I don't see an option to double a WR. In years past you could make the safeties focus on specific players, I don't see where to do that this time around.

Another thing is: can you play as someone other than the QB on offense anymore?? When I play solo I like to play as a WR, and sometimes a TE. I'm assuming they removed this, as I can't find it.

Thanks for any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

To double someone you user the safety (or whoever), press down on the d-pad, down on the right stick, then button of the receiver you want him to (double) cover.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »