Home

Madden 13 Retail Verision Convinced you to Buy or Pass?

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Retail Verision Convinced you to Buy or Pass? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Madden 13 Retail Verision Convinced you to Buy or Pass?
Yes, it is great! 40 33.61%
Yes, but I am still skeptical. 17 14.29%
Only if they patch the many issues. 33 27.73%
No, I played and didn't like it. 20 16.81%
No, Never planned on buying it anyways. 9 7.56%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2012, 12:36 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 13 Retail Verision Convinced you to Buy or Pass?

Yes if they fix all these issues, including bringing back all the features that were removed.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #10
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

I pre ordered it a long time ago, but now that I got some answers, I just cancelled it.

My assessment of the poll, the people who liked it are mostly online type players. It seems like that's what Madden 13 catered to. That's fine. But offline franchise players like me won't really get into the limited function of connected career. It's a nice addition, but they had to take out a lot of stuff because of it. and the whole infinity engine thing (pro tak anyone?) just seems like a gimmick to me.

Unless they give notice that they will patch some of the bigger issues like editing players, full functional franchise mode, wonky stats, ai, etc, I won't be buying this years Madden for the first time in 14 years.

I even tweeted Donny Moore and Josh Looman about a patch to address these issues. They seem to answer everyone else but mine.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Although the game looks really good they left out some very important features that have already been mentioned above. So unless there is word to patch these issues I am canceling my pre order. Thank goodness for early access to figure some of these things out. Saved me an additional $60.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #12
Rookie

sportskid84's Arena

OVR: 8
So this year game suck for offline guys? I play nothing but offline franchise and u can't edit players WTF?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

I may wait. Would have probably waited until the regular season after the cutdown dates and rosters are adjusted before I started a CC anyway. I'm going to be busy next week and out of town for 10 days after that. By then, we should know what the September patch will address.

I tend to burn out on Madden pretty quickly even in the years when its been pretty good. And with the later release it's so close to the release of NBA 2K. I will have essentially two weeks with Madden (and maybe not even a patched Madden) before 2K drops.........
Old 08-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #14
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

No couch co-op, no peace!

But anyway...this was the year I drew the line in the sand. Didn't buy NCAA and I'm not buying Madden. Maybe on PS4 the lines will block semi realistically and we'll see penalties called.

Last edited by redsfan4life; 08-26-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'll buy it with my pre-order at gamestop, use the code for the free hat, then return it if I don't see patch notes within the 7 days
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #16
Banned

Riddler's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoleDude
I'll buy it with my pre-order at gamestop, use the code for the free hat, then return it if I don't see patch notes within the 7 days
I doubt they patch anything within 7 days, and even if they do they probably won't patch the important stuff: duplicated numbers, schemes not changing, no editing (seriously EA, wtf?), etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »