Home

HUGE man coverage bug (Video proof)

This is a discussion on HUGE man coverage bug (Video proof) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #241
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: HUGE man coverage bug (Video proof)

maintained I wasn't going to play until it was fixed, turned out to be pretty bored this Saturday night and figured "I'll give Madden a spin. Surely my 0-2 Broncos can't have a 3rd straight game decided by this ridiculous bug".

6 seconds remaining, I'm up 24-17. And this happens

**** you.

if I hadn't forced a fumble in OT and won on a 50yd FG, there's a decent chance the disc may have gone sailing out of the window after this. Every. Single. Touchdown. I've conceded in my CCM so far has been either a direct result or has seen this occur during the drive. I'm getting really tired of seeing Champ Bailey wasting his time chasing down receivers he has no chance of catching like he's some undrafted early training camp cut fodder. The developers should be embarrassed. I mean, what exactly went through their heads when they saw the best corners on the planet giving up ridiculous TD after ridiculous TD during testing?

Last edited by CSL; 09-29-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #242
Pro

OVR: 0

This has been killing me. my teams thru 4 seasons have finished last in defence yet first in offence. I've been giving up 400-500 yards a game regardless of opposing team. and the qb's are getting all the yards on a handfull of plays. every game ends in a shootout because of this...Skelton goes 9/26 for 456 and 4 td's. total crap. I'm going to try the hold sprint button and see what that does.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #243
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've had it happen to me before, but not all that often. I always control d linemen, but I just don't hit the stick until after I make contact with a Olineman. It needs fixed, but I'm not sure how it's killing people that bad. Am I missing something or doing something different?

I'm not trying to be a troll or anything, I'm just not seeing how people are unable to just not hit the stick until the lineman hit each other.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #244
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terpfan76
I've had it happen to me before, but not all that often. I always control d linemen, but I just don't hit the stick until after I make contact with a Olineman. It needs fixed, but I'm not sure how it's killing people that bad. Am I missing something or doing something different?

I'm not trying to be a troll or anything, I'm just not seeing how people are unable to just not hit the stick until the lineman hit each other.
Because the perfect time to give you the most chance for success at getting around an OL is to hit the stick in the direction you prefer just before getting to the O-Lineman. This *usually* isn't an issue if you are controlling a DE because the LT/RT are further off the line, but if you are controlling a DT and engage with the OG/OC nearly immediately, there's not much you can do besides hit the stick or just stand there and get dominated. Because if you don't hit the stick early enough, he'll just get stuck there and get crushed by the OL.

Myself, I've just made extra sure to never go for a bull rush and always instead hit the right-stick kind of up and to either the right or left. Usually I use down and right or down and left.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #245
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Looks like this has been fixed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 02:40 AM   #246
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Looks like this has been fixed
I am hoping it has been fixed; ultimately I believe this was my biggest issue with the game....Though there are a couple close runner-ups....I can play a lot happier if this is truly fixed....

I have currently played 3, five minute quarter games without issue....While trying to bull rush with my DT on every defensive play....(fingers crossed)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »