Home

Tips on how to rush the outside shoulder with ROLB/DE?

This is a discussion on Tips on how to rush the outside shoulder with ROLB/DE? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 03:51 AM   #1
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Tips on how to rush the outside shoulder with ROLB/DE?

Its sucks to see defensive ends like DeMarcus Ware and J. Peppers not able to rush the outside shoulder and get pressure on the Qb like they do n real life. I manually play the defensive line and every time I try to rush outside with the right end of olb, the defensive tackle pushes me to the ground 9 out of 10 times. And if you dont control them, they rarely get pressure. And is it just me, of does the LOLB and Left end seem to be more effective than the right in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 04:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Tips on how to rush the outside shoulder with ROLB/DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Its sucks to see defensive ends like DeMarcus Ware and J. Peppers not able to rush the outside shoulder and get pressure on the Qb like they do n real life. I manually play the defensive line and every time I try to rush outside with the right end of olb, the defensive tackle pushes me to the ground 9 out of 10 times. And if you dont control them, they rarely get pressure. And is it just me, of does the LOLB and Left end seem to be more effective than the right in this game.
The LE and LOLB have routinely been better at creating pressure and sacks due to the RT of the offense primarily being rated lower than the LT of the offense.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

ok i lab pass rushing last night and this is what i found gave me the best results....****sh in with the left stick only then speed burst to the qb i had 6 sacks with the RAMS online no blitzes... I think using the right stick triggers the patty cake dance but i got consistent pressure when i only used the left and maybe last second right...give it a shot and good luck
Old 08-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Thanks man, im surprised with only a couple replys to this thread, am I the only one having this problem.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
Rookie

KCsFinest5's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Thanks man, im surprised with only a couple replys to this thread, am I the only one having this problem.
Try this, because I know what you mean about this issue. After the snap, allow your defender to engage with the left take before pushing the right stick or using turbo. After you have engaged, then try using the right stick OR turbo, just not at the same time. Let me know how this works. Whenever I do it, I at the very least stay on my feet throughout the play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Manual pass rush is there. Its not as easy as it was in 08, where you could pass rush in and slightly out for a nice sack, but its there. If you get close sometimes, the other guy gets the sack and it pisses me off.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Demarcus Ware and the like on the right side have been rendered almost useless in Madden for a long time.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #8
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

I do not manually play the line but most of my sacks come from my DTs. My DEs do not do much. I have tried everything, stunting, spreading, squeezing, no go for me. It is the year of the DT so far. I play with the speed threshold at 0 so I am going to try it at 60 and see if that has any effect.

I moved pass rush to 100 and I had a DT get 3 sacks in one game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »