Home

Connected Careers vs Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on Connected Careers vs Franchise Mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #33
Rookie

Bigmac612's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
So there is no way of uploading ur edit roster at all?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Nope....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Connected Careers vs Franchise Mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdawg0909
I bought it today and then returned it about an hour later.
I knew that EA removed the ability to edit players during dynasty mode, and I knew that EA removed the ability to control more than one team. But something inside me just wanted to still give it a chance. What a disappointment.

You can't even edit teams prior to staring a dynasty and then use those rosters to start your career. Heck, Chad Johnson was still named Chad Ochocinco and was still on the Dolphins! The most important thing to me in any Madden game, year after year, is trying to make my franchinse mimic real life as much as possible. For example, Alfred Morris is tearing it up this preseason for the Redskins and will likely begin the season as the 'Skins starting HB. In Madden 2013 he is rated a 57 overall and is buried as the 4th HB on the depth chart. You can't even edit up his ratings to get him higher on the depth chart.
Also, in my Connected Careers dynasty, after week 2 of the preseason, the Vikings signed Donovan McNabb off the free agent list (yeah, the Vikings trying McNabb again ), and he quickly replaced Christian Ponder as the starting QB to begin the season. This would NEVER happen in the real NFL, and I don't want it to happen in the game!

If it's in the game my butt......

Come on EA. In offline franchise mode, let users control all 32 teams, and let us edit players as we see fit. Connected Careers may be fun for some players, but for any of us HARDCORE NFL fans who want a realistic experience, GIVE US THE OPTION TO TURN OF CONNECTED CAREERS and play a regular franchise mode.

Ok, the gameplay may be a bit better than last year, but if the sacrifice for better gameplay is having to have unrealistic rosters, players, and depth charts, then I'll pass.
I'm with you on this one all the way. First time ever not buying madden since it started on sega.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:57 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop
I'm with you on this one all the way. First time ever not buying madden since it started on sega.
I've purchased Madden day one since its first release and this is the first year I haven't even had an itch to go buy it because of how bad it's been on next gen combined with how much they've removed to create CCM. I've completly given up on Madden and I hope someday the NFL just creates their own Gaming division and makes a real NFL game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 02:34 AM   #36
Banned

Plunkett's Arena

OVR: 1

There are ways to get around the bugs in ccm, you jump from team to team fixing things like McNabb on the Vikes but this game just makes me want to play 2012 with a roster update
Old 08-29-2012, 02:55 AM   #37
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

I play madden mostly for franchise mode, and I LOVE ccm, its as close to head coach mixed with madden as we can get right now. I do not want the old franchise back that had just as many issues with records wiping and other things.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:31 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
Strongly disagree.

Pro:
Twitter feeds
CPU initiated trades
Legacy score

Con:
No player editing
No team relocation
Twitter feeds often have incorrect information
XP based progression

Connected Careers does a couple minor things better, but hardly "blows franchise away"
Not being able to relocate or do a fantasy draft wouldn't be an issue for me, never did that anyway.
I don't have the game (yet?, live in europe), but i'm wondering is the AI making decent trades? And are there a few teams that have a decent GM building a good team over time? I used to control multiple teams and last year just edit some players of other teams to make sure that after a while there still was competition. Not editing during the game or controlling other teams won't be a problem for me IF the AI does a decent job at managing their team. Previously you'd had situations with franchises not spending money on like an RT and go with a 67 overall as a starter, even though there was a 78 FA for $980k available and the team had $30 million in cap space.

Only items that for now are really bummers are no coach mode and no option to edit the rost before you start your 'dynasty'. Not during (which would be nice though), but before the start of the dynasty. I'd like to alter the players to what i think is their true ability.

edit: i assume that xp bases progression is progression based on how a player performs and/or the number of downs a players is on the field? If so, why would that be bad?
Old 08-29-2012, 05:41 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 32

I am going to be as calm as I can be here...

It's 2012, and we had more player customization capabilities in Nintendo's Baseball Stars game more than 20 years ago. In this day and age, that's a big problem. When I can't edit a player inside of a franchise/CCM, it's a slap in the face. We're getting elementary, standard features taken away from us. Hell, we can't even edit THEIR EQUIPMENT (unless I'm just missing something).

It's ridiculous. EA tried to get a bit too cute with this mode and it's ended up making a lot of people mad. It plays a good game of football, but when you're taking player editing features from me, we're going to have some issues.

For the strides they took, in my opinion, considering game play... They took collossal steps back in other crucial areas. It borders on unforgivable because honestly, how did they think this would be received among a big group of gamers who are in the age of massive roster editing?

It doesn't make a damn bit of sense.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:45 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
So there is no way of uploading ur edit roster at all?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
No.

If there is, I haven't found a way. You can use the base roster out of the box or you can use EA's updated roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »