Home

Connected Careers vs Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on Connected Careers vs Franchise Mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 05:49 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Connected Careers vs Franchise Mode?

I'm also loving first and second round picks getting released from their teams because their overalls are not high enough. This was a problem last year, but at least you could fix it. That's not an option this year.

CCM has promise, but they dropped the ball entirely on taking away the ability to edit. For me, it kills the realism for those of us who want semi-realistic multiple season play.

I just don't get it... What was the purpose of killing the ability to edit?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 05:57 AM   #42
Rookie

edjames01's Arena

OVR: 0

Both are unplayable to me. Hopefully they actually fix the bugs in CCM, because there is no way that I am going to edit the entire NFL like you had to do in Madden 12.

People with real jobs do not have time to do that.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:03 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
If you can't control all 32 teams, can you at least play any games for other teams? or can you only play games from the team you are controlling?
Can someone answer this question please...I like to play all games. I don't want to just play one team while all the other games sim.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:18 AM   #44
Rookie

timbofry1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionSn1per
Last night, I was angry about Connected Careers not working properly for me, and I posted that Franchise mode was much better. However, once I play Connected Careers a bit more, I will reevaluate that statement. However, here is how I think about this right now.

How Franchise mode is better:
- Multiple users on one console
- List of league transactions
- Ability to relocate team
- Better UI

How Connected Careers is better:
- The new practice scenarios are good
- ?????
I can't believe you cannot look at league transactions....it's totally ridiculous. I'm in the third week of my pre-season, trying to see which players have been released by which teams and it's not there? I spend half an hour looking and nothing. Crazy! You're trying to run a team and can't see what the rest of the league is doing? I think CC isn't a bad idea and is good in theory, but you cannot take away basic stuff like this!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyJonz
Can someone answer this question please...I like to play all games. I don't want to just play one team while all the other games sim.
Nope! You can't even move the controller over and change the opponent' s uniform either. There is no way to play or even "look" at other games on the schedule. There is no transaction wire. There is no weekly wrap up of any kind. The rest of league's scores and results are burried away under the "more" tab all the way to the right. They are emphasizing "your" career as opposed to the NFL as a whole this year it seems. Thats why I guess they felt is was okay to leave out the custimation options we are used to because you should be only concerned with "your career" and not what everybody else is doing or wearing, according to EA!

Last edited by jmo2278; 08-29-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 06:33 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 32

It's crazy how many features have been taken away from us.

I shouldn't be surprised, but I really am.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:46 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo2278
Nope! You can't even move the controller over and change the opponent' s uniform either. There is no way to play or even "look" at other games on the schedule. There is no transaction wire. There is no weekly wrap up of any kind. The rest of league's scores and results are burried away under the "more" tab all the way to the right. They are emphasizing "your" career as opposed to the NFL as a whole this year it seems. Thats why I guess they felt is was okay to leave out the custimation options we are used to because you should be only concerned with "your career" and not what everybody else is doing or wearing, according to EA!
Thank You very much for the quick and in depth response. I guess I"ll wait til next year. Hopefully they go back to the old franchise/season modes.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #48
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbofry1
I can't believe you cannot look at league transactions....it's totally ridiculous. I'm in the third week of my pre-season, trying to see which players have been released by which teams and it's not there? I spend half an hour looking and nothing. Crazy! You're trying to run a team and can't see what the rest of the league is doing? I think CC isn't a bad idea and is good in theory, but you cannot take away basic stuff like this!
A clear sign it was made for meant to be an online mode and they just stripped the online aspect for offline... Can't we use a website to check transactions for online that may explain the absence of a transactions report.

To be honest the worst part of CC is we always needed control and customization to help fix the mistakes caused by EA's AI so what they did for Madden 13 was give us less control and more of their buggy AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »