Home

How Sliders can Impact User vs User Games In CCM 2.0 (Madden 13 Tested)*

This is a discussion on How Sliders can Impact User vs User Games In CCM 2.0 (Madden 13 Tested)* within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
How Sliders can Impact User vs User Games In CCM 2.0 (Madden 13 Tested)*

As many of you know I had begun development for user vs user sliders at the end of Madden 12 to carry over to Madden 13's CCM. Well we had really good results and that allowed us to start with a very sturdy base to begin here with Madden 13.

We've been running with these in the M13 Online Communities since the early release and this is the set we've developed so far...(All user sliders)

Pre-game Sliders-

All-Maden is the base we started with...

Game Speed-Normal

Fatigue-57 (+7) *EDIT* (was '60')

Injuries-30 (-20)

Speed Threshold-7 (-43) *EDIT* (Was '0')

FG Power-39 (-11) (99 KPW max 58 without wind, perfect kick)

FG Accuracy-35 (-15)

Passing Offense-(70 out of 300)

QB Acc-25:Had our Jets user run a few games and he basically had to run a dink and dunk offense to sustain drives along with the run because Tebow just wasn't capable of spreading it out consistently.

Pass Blocking-0:You better pay attention to who you have on your line, and their pass blocking skill sets. If you don't your QB will find himself on his back if you hold onto the ball too long. I'd suggest keeping in 6 or 7 with a weaker line if you're pushing the ball vertically vs a good DL group. (Shorter 'Patty Cake' animations for Offensive Lineman)

WR Catching-45:Had to raise this number because at the default Madden slider (25) good WR's were dropping wide open passes fairly regularly. At this setting WR's with mid 70's are far less likely to make a catch while getting hit, or in crowded spaces. While the better WR's stand-out in this area (Justin Blackmon was impressive)

Run Offense-(115 out of 300)

Break Tackles-20:This is still similar to what we saw in M12, tackles are broken by bigger backs, while the shiftier ones go down easier IF you can catch them. (Mike Tolbert 96 trucking vs a DB is a beautiful sight)

Run Blocking-65:We moved this up to help T's/good blocking TE's set the edge so that the 90+ BSH DE's/LB's are actually blockable IF you have the personnel to block with.

Fumbles-30:We had to lower them to match the increased stamina rate, we've witnessed more fumbles while performing moves (jukes/spins/etc.) where the ball isn't protected.

Pass Defense-(300 out of 300)

Reaction Time-100:This has been great with the Read and React System they've implemented. We're not seeing an increase in route mirroring in man, or psychic defenders in zone who may have been cleared out by a route. What we are seeing is positive reactions to passes when in zone and man, while there are still some dead spots, this has been my biggest surprise.

Interceptions-100:This will cause those 'Gunslinger Mentality' users to think twice before carelessly testing double/triple coverage. Combined with the new 'Ball Hawk' defensive ability you just can't throw at defenders. While there are still drops, you're far more likely to succeed with players in position to make a play.

Pass Rushing-100:All this does is trigger DL players to use their pass rush moves more regularly which is what allows them to beat the OL. We've seen more user QB's climbing the pocket as the edge rush forces users to step up to achieve a bit more time.

Run Defense-(185 out of 300)

Reaction Time-100:Defenders don't take as many false steps as long as their AWR and PRC are high. Running the ball is definitely something you'll have to commit to if you want to succeed.

Block Shedding-35:This was to allow defenders who are true run stoppers to shine as they are still stout vs the run. It also limits the auto BSH that's very popular with 90+ BSH defenders, they still make plays but it's not a guaranteed stop when running their way like in previous games.

Tackling-50:With break tackle at 20, this allows defenders with higher ratings to make those stuffs one one one in the whole. No DT's getting trucked etc. There are missed tackles but it's usually when you aren't hitting the ball-carrier head on, arm tackles, etc.

As you can see by looking at the sections totals the majority of favor is on the defensive side of the ball. Madden historically has always favored the offense and it's very apparent in user vs user matches. Our hope is to get guys back to more X's and O's vs just running what works on Madden.

We're stilling running tests and taking opinions as our CCM isn't scheduled to start until September 18th, but we've received positive feedback so far. If you're interested in helping us test the sliders just search for "MCL OLC", we'd love to have you.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988

Last edited by Dj_MyTime; 09-24-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: How Sliders can Impact User vs User Games In CCM 2.0 (Madden 13 Tested)*

What's the password to get into the Operation Sports online community or is there a different one? I want to play with these sliders online for myself.

EDIT- Found the OS community but what is the one you are running these sliders in?

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 08-29-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
What's the password to get into the Operation Sports online community or is there a different one? I want to play with these sliders online for myself.

EDIT- Found the OS community but what is the one you are running these sliders in?
Search MCL OLC.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

I will add however the IE engine has caused some frustration in users in regards to running the ball. Rushers who get bumped by team-mates fold like paper. While I like the collision detection, IRL ball carriers extend their arm to prevent just this type of thing from happening and use it to bounce outside, or slide into a whole WITHOUT FALLING.

We stumbled upon a possible solution but it's to early to tell, but protecting the ball in traffic (RB) seems to help with this a bit. Gonna get into it more this evening/tonight.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

What kind of effect if any are you seeing for the edge pass rush using sliders? I just played a game in regular online ranked and still seeing excessive dropbacks working. Opponent had Broncos, came out in shotgun about 5 yards deep from the LOS and then dropped an additional 11 yards back after the snap. I am wonder if slider helps edge rushers get deeper or better "closing speed" on the QB so excessive dropping back like that isn't effective?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #6
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

What do you think the patch coming out is most likely going to change?
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #7
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
What kind of effect if any are you seeing for the edge pass rush using sliders? I just played a game in regular online ranked and still seeing excessive dropbacks working. Opponent had Broncos, came out in shotgun about 5 yards deep from the LOS and then dropped an additional 11 yards back after the snap. I am wonder if slider helps edge rushers get deeper or better "closing speed" on the QB so excessive dropping back like that isn't effective?
We've seen a great improvement in the pass rush. But we believe that with the speed threshold at 15 it affects the defensive pursuit, so we've raised it to 15 to test out. Still thinking 7-8 will be the sweet spot as we're still seeing some chase downs by slower players in the open field.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:59 AM   #8
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

Im not going to have a full user online CC. Just about 8 of my friends. If I want to set these as the user sliders, what do you think I should set as the CPU's sliders?
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »