Home

Well, I Guess This Says It All

This is a discussion on Well, I Guess This Says It All within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #17
Rookie

JBate24's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Well, I Guess This Says It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I don't understand what you meant regarding erasing a CC.
The only thing I know of is that you can retire from said CC and it "erases" it technically.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:44 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBB15
Quite possibly the two most ignorant things said in this entire thread.

So youve never friend/brother/uncle come over and play as the WR or RB, while you QB, and hit up some franchise games? Quite frankly after week 8 of the real season, thats all me and my friends do. Playing alone is quite depressing really when you play as the skins.

And the controlling the league doesnt defeat the purpose at all, it IS the purpose for a lot of people, just like yours is to play as one team. I dont play like that, but the fact EA would take it out arbitrarily after decade of being in the game, is assanine at best.
No I've never had a friend or relative join me in my franchise games. I am a sim nerd and when two people team up it destroys the stats. I did it in play now a few times but I would never tarnish my franchise by doing that lol

For controlling all teams. dude they did not take it out arbitrarily. They took out defensive assignments arbitrarily but not control of all teams. It was a design decision. I understand that many people did control all teams to make for realistic roster movement and to prevent things like the Browns signing McNabb, but its absence does not make CC incomplete in my opinion.

I don't mean to come off as a jerk or as EA's knight, I am just really enjoying the game and it seems as if most of the threads here are whining and filled with hyperbole. I saw a thread earlier that asked "what would John Madden think." dude that is ridiculous.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:49 AM   #19
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

OVR: 0

If "THEY" wanted to...They can at least have us take edited equipment rosters into CC..It's a business move...There is no "we ran out of time"...Don't tell me yu guys fall for that line...This the best Madden of all time just stop taking away features knowing yur going to put them back in in 14 smh
Old 08-30-2012, 12:54 AM   #20
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
No I've never had a friend or relative join me in my franchise games. I am a sim nerd and when two people team up it destroys the stats. I did it in play now a few times but I would never tarnish my franchise by doing that lol

For controlling all teams. dude they did not take it out arbitrarily. They took out defensive assignments arbitrarily but not control of all teams. It was a design decision. I understand that many people did control all teams to make for realistic roster movement and to prevent things like the Browns signing McNabb, but its absence does not make CC incomplete in my opinion.

I don't mean to come off as a jerk or as EA's knight, I am just really enjoying the game and it seems as if most of the threads here are whining and filled with hyperbole. I saw a thread earlier that asked "what would John Madden think." dude that is ridiculous.
Co op doesnt kill stats for me, because we play by our gameplan and take it seriously... If not, we just have fun, mess around, then quit without saving... Makes for some more pressure filled games, better than just Play now mode.

And I say arbitraily, because they really had no legit reason to do it, besides that it was the design choice. They could be real with us and say why it was a design choice. But to just blatantly remove all these features that have been in countless maddens is just frustrating and isnt a satisfying feeling. I'm left with I know it can be more, because Ive seen it before, LAST YEAR, and years and years before that.

The only thing killing me is the fact that I am FORCED to wait on roster updates if I want to play my season with the real roster. Otherwise I have to put blinders on and act like T.O. is really in the league and a top reciever... Kills immersion for me personally, and as should you as a sim nerd. Its unexcusable... Great gameplay, but CCM is completely broken for sim guys.
WIZ
Old 08-30-2012, 12:57 AM   #21
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Im just glad they are getting the gameplay going in the right direction. All this off the field stuff does not matter to me if the gameplay aint right, which is why I have not bought this game since 2009, until this year only because they added the Infinity Engine.
Next year the only way I am buying this game is if they keep improving gameplay by addressing the blocking/line play, and I mean more than just tuning I mean completly redo it from the ground up; and/or implementing footplanting. If either one of those are not in Madden 14 then its a no buy for me, I dont care how many other non-gameplay features they add.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 01:05 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBB15
Co op doesnt kill stats for me, because we play by our gameplan and take it seriously... If not, we just have fun, mess around, then quit without saving... Makes for some more pressure filled games, better than just Play now mode.

And I say arbitraily, because they really had no legit reason to do it, besides that it was the design choice. They could be real with us and say why it was a design choice. But to just blatantly remove all these features that have been in countless maddens is just frustrating and isnt a satisfying feeling. I'm left with I know it can be more, because Ive seen it before, LAST YEAR, and years and years before that.

The only thing killing me is the fact that I am FORCED to wait on roster updates if I want to play my season with the real roster. Otherwise I have to put blinders on and act like T.O. is really in the league and a top reciever... Kills immersion for me personally, and as should you as a sim nerd. Its unexcusable... Great gameplay, but CCM is completely broken for sim guys.
For the bolded part, that is hyperbole and I hate hyperbole. NFL blitz was a borken game for sim guys, not this. Make your point without using hyperbole.

I agree with the must use their roster though. I hate that. Big no no for me. It was the same way in HC so I think it is a intentional decision by Looman. It may have something to do with editing players could screw up the player types or something but the ability to edit rosters must be present. It makes it worse when they do dumb things like "vote for the fastest player." That was inexcusable.

There are things that need to be improved upon (for example I was very unhappy when I heard that there were no RFA. That needs to be in) but in this Madden a step in the right direction and an improvement over past games? Absolutely.

It just annoys me when people act as if Madden 13 is a complete failure. Madden 09 was a failure. This Madden is the best in years.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:13 AM   #23
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
For the bolded part, that is hyperbole and I hate hyperbole. NFL blitz was a borken game for sim guys, not this. Make your point without using hyperbole.

I agree with the must use their roster though. I hate that. Big no no for me. It was the same way in HC so I think it is a intentional decision by Looman. It may have something to do with editing players could screw up the player types or something but the ability to edit rosters must be present. It makes it worse when they do dumb things like "vote for the fastest player." That was inexcusable.

There are things that need to be improved upon (for example I was very unhappy when I heard that there were no RFA. That needs to be in) but in this Madden a step in the right direction and an improvement over past games? Absolutely.

It just annoys me when people act as if Madden 13 is a complete failure. Madden 09 was a failure. This Madden is the best in years.
Madden 13 isn't a complete failure, but CCM mode is. Being forced to deal with ghost players accumulating stats is broken. And for the record, you just ended your post with a hyperbole.
WIZ
Old 08-30-2012, 01:16 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
No fantasy draft -- admittedly I never did that so I don't care for it not being present. I realize other people may care but I don't. Franchise mode (whatever it be called) to me is about controlling an NFL team -- not a fantasy team.

no player edits -- this for me is big. Not because of equipment or anything cosmetic though. I want to be able to change positions. After Ray Lewis retires I would like to switch to a 4-3 but I can't because I can't do things like move Ngata to a DT. This hurts the "be the coach of the team" aspect
hopefully it will be patched in, but I think we will have to wait until next year.

no 2 player CC -- Well this is wrong obviously. If you mean two offline players sharing a console, I don't know how to say this nicely but...its 2012 get online. All things considered, a very small percentage of players did this anyway. It was not worth the problems.

no multi-team control -- This defeats the whole purpose of a franchise mode anyway. The purpose should be to control a team and compete against other teams.

no oc/dc signing -- This is a bummer but lets be honest, what did this add to the game last year? It may have boosted a couple of ratings for some players? It was poorly implemented and I am glad it is gone because that suggests that in the future we will get staff features similar to Head Coach implemented.

no team relocation -- this is something like icing on the cake. MLB the Show and NBA 2k are know for being the cream of the crop in sports games. do they have relocation? It would be nice if it were in but its absence hardly diminishes the game.
I understand we can't edit positions which I agree completely sucks.
Makes absolutely no sense from a coaching standpoint.
Have not yet purchased the game so the question I have is since we can not edit a players position can we at least put a 3-4 DE at DT on our depth chart? What about a 4-3 DE at OLB?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »