Home

Do you scout every week or bank your points and scout later?

This is a discussion on Do you scout every week or bank your points and scout later? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
Rookie

jethrobag's Arena

OVR: 2
Do you scout every week or bank your points and scout later?

I am trying to figure out the most efficient way to scout in Madden 13. What do you think is the best way to scout players? Do you do it weekly, or do you let scouting points accumulate and spend them more periodically? I haven't tried this yet, but couldn't you just let them accumulate for the entire regular season, and then spend all of them right at the end?

Also, do the attribute ratings change? I had a tight end that I scouted the speed in week one, and he was decent. (can't remember the exact number), but by seasons end, they said he was dropping down draft boards due to running a 5.07 at the combine. Pretty cool that they report this, but I never drafted the guy, and I forgot to see if his speed went down.

If the ratings do change over the course of a season, maybe it would make sense to save the scouting points til the end.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Do you scout every week or bank your points and scout later?

Interesting thought. I never thought to try to skip scouting that week, and wait till later, therefore I havent tried to see if you even can.

I'd think You must be able to do it though, because to reveal the OVR rating for someone it costs 10,000 points. If you only get 1000 a week, the only way you could do that is to bank them and use them later. Right now Im getting 2000 a week since I bought a coach scouting upgrade, but Im not sure how much higher it lets you upgrade that. As a matter of fact I think once I bought it it locked it so I can't buy it again. So banking may be the only way to do that.

Ive got to stop coming on here while Im at work. I always end up reading something I need to go try, and can't because I'm at work lol
Old 08-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
Rookie

Pcg1286's Arena

OVR: 5

I was thinking the same thing. I scouted one player week one. Then saw all of the messages an twitter feeds about people climbing and falling. I think it may be best to wait a bit on scouting. Unless you see a clear and away favorite for your pick.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5

I had the same thought. I haven't made it through a season of CCM yet, but I'm assuming Free Agency comes before the Draft. If that's the case, I'm not sure what the incentive would be to spend points during the season. I'd rather identify my needs, check who's available in Free Agency, and if I don't find the FAs satisfactory start spending my points then (or possibly even wait until after FA). No sense in wasting points on a WR, for instance, if a big-time Free Agent ends up coming free and you pick him up.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcg1286
I was thinking the same thing. I scouted one player week one. Then saw all of the messages an twitter feeds about people climbing and falling. I think it may be best to wait a bit on scouting. Unless you see a clear and away favorite for your pick.
Yes but i believe the cost of scouting goes up near end/ off season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
I would wait until you have a good sense of your team (like week 8-12) before scouting.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #7
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
Ahhh good to know thank you.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 08-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #8
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
I don't believe that is the case. At least I didn't notice it as I finished out year one prior to the draft.

The "cost" does increase after you scout to reveal the letter grade, it does indeed cost more to reveal the actual numerical value.

However, I didn't see the initial cost to reveal the letter grade increase at all.

Maybe I missed it though.. Can anyone confirm?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »