Home

Physics Engine still disappointing (video)

This is a discussion on Physics Engine still disappointing (video) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 08:12 PM   #17
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Physics Engine still disappointing (video)

I completely do not understand why people are moaning about the Physics engine! It is such a great addition. From now on it can only get better! People seem to forget it is the FIRST year the engine has been added so there will be some flaws, just like there was when the engine was first released in the FIFA game. It is not going to be perfect. But now Madden can focus on making it even better, same with CC. People do not look deep into the game. They basically look at it.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:57 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
I completely do not understand why people are moaning about the Physics engine! It is such a great addition. From now on it can only get better! People seem to forget it is the FIRST year the engine has been added so there will be some flaws, just like there was when the engine was first released in the FIFA game. It is not going to be perfect. But now Madden can focus on making it even better, same with CC. People do not look deep into the game. They basically look at it.
Im sure most of these people complaining about Infinity Engine were the same people that said they were done with Madden until RTP were introduced and now its here and because its not PERFECTED to THEIR liking (in its first year mind you!) its not any good LOL. I laugh that people still play Madden 09 or 10 or 12 due to their "principles" - Enjoy canned animations (and of course the almighty editing) while the rest of us play a better football game.
My hunch is that most of them that stayed behind can't really play a game that is rooted in a more authentic brand of football. Just think about it...They refined the passing game and defensive awareness but now they are complaining that the BUTTON doesn't do anything when you press it to catch/intercept...RIIIIIIIIIIGHT.
And as Infinity is refined more and more into the next NEXT GEN platform era, more and more of these folks will drop off and/or continue to bash because the more the game resembles the real thing, the more the glitchers and nano blitzers and money players are going to become marginalized. Then its onto another franchise they can exploit.
Savor the flavor now because
your days are numbered...You know who you are!!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:31 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ya Boy Versuz! But honestly, I played one game of Madden and was very disappointed. Everybody who thinks Madden is a good game should watch this video.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:51 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 10

The thing to keep in mind is that The IE is not true real time physics. Its run time physics layered over existing canned animations. You can tell that most of the tackles are the same from past years, with the difference being other players can now get involved where in the past they would do the whole "tumble weed" thing.

I have 2 big issues with the IE:

1) mass, momentum, and velocity are not truly represented in one on one tackles. I cant tell you how many times ive been running full steam with a power back try to lower my shoulder on a cb and get stood straight up. Conversly idk how many times ive seen scat backs lowering their shoulder and bowling over dlinemen lbs and ss's. Once they get this figured out the engine will really shine.

2) players not wraping up on defense. This is really football 101 if you play defense. If you dont wrap up you look the 2011 Bucs squad but with IE this isnt the case. Guys regularly come in full speed and stick their chest into the ballcarriers chest and make tackles. It looks ridiculous when no one uses their arms or hands. At times i feel like im watching pro wrestling.

Im not a programmer but i think they should find a way to do what Backbreaker did. Their players had a "bone structure" with "muscle structure" layered on top of it, this made players move more life like and not get weirdly contorted like madden(granted it wasnt perfect in BB but better). They also programmed defenders to be able to grab and wrap up if you pushed the wrap tackle button and to lead with their shoulder wen you pressed the barge tackle button. I think the results were much more realistic than than maddens first attempt.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »