Home

Question about schemes and how they affect player ratings

This is a discussion on Question about schemes and how they affect player ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 11
Question about schemes and how they affect player ratings

So I was wondering something about the schemes, and how they work with player ratings, specifically with wide receivers.

So I know if I set QB 1 to, say, West Coast, it will rate all my QB's according to the West Coast criteria. Same with HB's if I set HB 1 to, say, Receiving Back.

But what about wide receivers? Since there are 3 wide receiver options, WR 1, WR 2, and WR 3, which rating do am I seeing when I look at my roster?

For example, if I select WR 1 to be Red Zone Threat, Randy Moss (since I am running the 49ers) will have a high rating in that, but Michael Crabtree wouldn't have a high Red Zone Threat rating. But he is rated highest as a Possession receiver. So if I set WR 1 as Red Zone Threat, and WR 2 as Possession, how do I know which ratings I am looking at when I see receivers?

Does it judge it based on their position on the depth chart? I.E. Moss and Crabtree will be rated more efficiently if I have them set as WR 1 - Moss, WR 2 - Crabtree on the depth chart, with my #3 receiver being rated against whatever my WR 3 is? But if that's the case, what about receivers lower on my depth chart? What are they being rated against? Or receivers on other teams, or in free agency, whom I may be looking to acquire?

I guess the same question can be asked up CB's, since there is also a CB 1, CB 2 spot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Question about schemes and how they affect player ratings

I had the same question at first too. After testing each position in the schemes menu and checking the Roster / Depth Chart / Scouting / etc, the only thing that affects the ratings are the first position. So, if you have WR1 Red Zone Threat and WR2 as speed- Only the Red Zone Threat ratings are shown. This is most easily confirmed by setting positions that have 1 and 2 as two player types that require completely different sizes, then looking at the "Size" rating in your roster. The players will always be graded on the first position.

Hope this helps,
Chris

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »