Home

Some interesting plays !!!

This is a discussion on Some interesting plays !!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2003, 01:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Some interesting plays !!!

To make it quick and short...
i fumbled on a punt returned that was recovered by one of my blockers. He also fumbles trying to run for extra yards. The latter was recovered by the CPU. The first fumble was obvious, however the second fumble was a blown call because my blocker's knees were on the ground. I figured since i was down by 7 with only 2 minutes and something to go that i should challenge the play (thinking that the second fumble would be overturned). However the replay only looked at the first fumble and never even mentions the second. I lost a timeout on the challenge. Can you choose which fumbles to challenge in the NFL?

The second play: I punted into the computer's endzone however putting enough air on it so one of my gunners would chase it down. The ball was heading into the endzone but then my gunner jumped up (he never touched any part of the endzone) and batted the ball back to the forth yard line. The officials ruled it a touchback. It was the best play (animations) that i have seen in the game (series) up to this point (i've played Madden since the beginning of time). Sadden by the bad call i was just amazed that the CPU actually tries to keep the ball from going into the endzone...

Anything great or controversial ever happen to anyone else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2003, 03:09 PM   #2
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Some interesting plays !!!

WOW. first play sucks for you, but the second sounds awesome. I have trouble getting them to even down or catch it or stop it within the five on a punt. I've made some nice punts, too, that could have ended up on the 1 0r 2. Any tips?

I recovered a fumble on kickoff coverage, ran it for a TD with Nguyen. A penalty was called on me, after the recovery. In the "ACCEPT/DECLINE" window for the CPU is showed my team having the ball either way, it was either a TD(Decline) or my ball on the 20(Accept).
Nope, I'm on D, and the CPU has the ball on MY 20 or 25. Crazy. even showed the TD in the stat page
I did get an INT two plays later.
Old 10-23-2003, 03:44 PM   #3
Darth_Dorn

OVR:

The penalties on funky plays that result in funky endings has been a glitch for a while now. It'd be nice if it was fixed.

And honestly, I think EA might go back and shore up the replay challenges this year. They've got the owner mode going strong, so I think next year is just some tweaks here and there.

Old 10-23-2003, 05:31 PM   #4
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

I love sacking the QB, forcing a fumble, then getting another tackle, two tackles in one play XD. I do agree with some plays being funky and all and it totally screws up the challenge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »