Home

Off-season/'Franchise' Questions

This is a discussion on Off-season/'Franchise' Questions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Off-season/'Franchise' Questions

Started a coach-mode, as Harbaugh, for the Niners and have some questions...

I went to lock up a couple guys and I only have 4 players to choose from. I'm pretty sure the Niners have more than 4 players in a contract year, but I don't see anywhere that I can find that info. I like to have full control and lock up some vets and re-do some contracts, etc. What's going on here?!?

I wanted to sim the season and dive right into an off-season to check it out. Seems the only way to do that is week-by-week. Ridiculous. Am I missing something?

Scouting. What in the blue hell happened here? I'm all about making randomized draft classes so we can't get a guide online and get the best guys every year...but this mess is just too much! I've heard I should find guys that 'fit my system'. I don't even know what my system is. Some numbers and letters are unlocked already...thinking of skipping that as well and winging it come draft time.

Player progression - I assume if I choose weekly, that will give me the best chance at progressing players the most...or so they gain about the same amount of XP if I go every 4 weeks? Not really something I want to do each and every week...
I have it set to every 4, but it's still available every week. I'm just going to skip it and rack up some decent points.

Injuries - I lost Aldon Smith for 24 weeks?!? They couldn't just say it was season-ending? (time to hit the 'reset' button!)

"Thanks coach, my agent will get back to you next week".
Really? That's how re-signing is gonna be? Guess we can't wait till the end of the season anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Off-season/'Franchise' Questions

I don't have answers to the rest since I haven't really messed around with CCM yet, but as for the injury remark... It's like that because it's now possible to have an injury so severe that it spans into the next season.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
Rookie

Okay, I get the injury thing.

I just got to my next week and the offers I have made to re-sign my players were declined and now I can't so anything? How it that a negotiation?!? I make an offer, they refuse, and that's it?!? Now I have to fight for them in FA.

I swear if my Madden 12 wasn't stuck in my old broken PS3 I might start a new 'chise on there...
Old 09-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Throughout the course of the season players will become "ready" to negotiate a contract extension. If you are impatient, go to the more tab and under personnel there should be an option to resign players. Those who are willing to resign will be listed as available. Those who are not ready will be listed as unavailable.

For scouting and system -- go into the more tab and check strategy. On the far right should be an option entitled "schemes." That lists the player types.Change it if you wish, but you should go after players that fit this.
Scouting is excellent if you have a plan. Look at your roster and figure out your biggest team needs. Then estimate how good of a season you expect to have and where you expect to be drafting at in the offseason. Scout players you need who are projected to go around your pick.

Progression option is for Ai teams I believe. The popular opinion is to set it to monthly to avoid having the AI spend all its points on unimportant boosts.

Injuries --don't hit the rest button. We don't like guys like that. So don't be that guy.

You can resign guys at the end of the season but it is risky. You only get one chance at resigning them and if they reject it they become a free agent. If the player is important get it done in the offseason.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Well, the guys that I wanted to re-sign I guess I low-balled. They said no and will test Free Agency. The other guy I don't really want keeps negotiating with me. I keep throwing low offers his way and he keeps saying raise it or I'll walk.
S'ok, I prefer to build through the draft.
I'm simming an entire season just to get the feel for it, then I'll reset and play, because I have guys I want to get better like Jenkins and James who just aren't progressing due to lack of play time. I'll sub them in and get them some points on my own.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »