Home

CCM Needs a patch immediately!! Can't believe they missed this...

This is a discussion on CCM Needs a patch immediately!! Can't believe they missed this... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #57
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: CCM Needs a patch immediately!! Can't believe they missed this...

hope they fix legacy issues as well. DE's, DT's, OL, S's who arent established have no chance without like 5 super bowl wins and 20 awards, to make it.

also id like to see the awards, I just realized the twitter feed will list if you have won an award, how many times etc. its nice, but it sucks that you cant just see it under "awards" in your now IMPOSSIBLE to get to player card(whoever took out the overall stats of the player for just yearly totals, and whoever thought they would remove the option to view the player card in games looking at opponent depth chart...is an idiot)

the rush game by the cpu is just so bad, I usually bait with my SS, now Its like I dont even dominate with him anymore. no need to, the rest of the d swallows up the run or he just runs into a lineman before I get there anyway.

the progression system is AWESOME in sim for certain positions. development rating does so much, its basically potential, and when you have a slow guy, he will be an 80 his entire career, normal an 82-84, quick can get you to 88-90, while star finds you in the 95ish(all over these numbers over time) but the best is that you can maintain. the only issue is bench players, and even some of them get points or just dont decay to where it matters. finally we dont lose speed for turning 28 or 29. that drove me crazy.

there are like 100 issues, scheme, freezing, I mean the list is really long, I hope they get all of it, because when it works, and when its tuned right, its an awesome mode.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #58
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

also progression on TE's/CB's/FS/NT and a few others are just too hard to progress.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #59
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Wasn't CCM supposed to let you "play the way YOU want to play"..? Seems like there is only EAs way with all the limitations of the mode. This issue with disconnects is a joke, if anything, it's something EA did that completely gears CCM towards casual play. I'm sure there are plenty of guys who have gotten frustrated by guys yanking the plug, but in an Online Franchise you cannot add a feature that punishes DCs. The only way this helps is in the casual/random CCMs people join. Ones that have high turnovers and very little cohesion. Having DC automatically give the win to the user still connected is a joke and a slap in the face to organized leagues.

I play in one, only one, franchise league and it's fun. Playing with a static group of guys is what makes franchises a blast. Rivals emerge, guys have up and down seasons, it really makes the mode shine. To add a feature that punishes a user for a DC is outrageous. As many have point out, franchise with established players don't have issue with guys pulling the plug. Everyone gets to know most of the users and we know each other won't pull any clown moves. Yet, brilliant EA thinks that adding a feature that I'd venture to say 75% of the time will punish a user due to an EA issue (crappy servers) is just plain dumb. I have no issue replaying a close game if the a guy drops, especially since I know that 100% of the time it's either EA, power, or utility related and not some jackass turning off his system. But nope, unless this gets patched, there's always a chance a user will get f'd over because their game drops. Gonna be a hoot when it happens in a super bowl that's super close early in the 3rd, chances are it wouldn't, but if it does, great job EA.

BTW, since I've only played a handful of user games so far, what happens when a guy disconnects? Hopefully it doesn't jump back to the CCM menu, maybe you have a chance to shutoff your own system if it's a low scoring game and want to replay.

Oh yeah... you can restart infinite times and not even show that you had a single one against the CPU, yet 1 disconnect in a single user game ever and you can get an auto loss? Sounds more casual oriented to me.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

Man i didnt think i would buy madden but i got sucked into it, i love madden too much. i played today and love everything about it but my only problem is ccm. The twitter and news feed is great but everything else sucks
Old 09-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Imagine this ...

You work real hard, every game you play your heart out ... you establish a 9-7 record, barely making the playoffs.

You reach the playoffs, win all your games, you're an underdog. You make it to the SUPER BOWL and you're winning 21-20 with 2 seconds on the clock. All of a sudden, there is a power outage and the game disconnects. You lose the game 20-0.

You huff, you puff ... but you need to realize it is only a game.

EXACTLY my point. And it doesn't even have to be the playoffs, if I'm winning the game by 20 points and I get DC'ed and the game just gives me a loss that's just not right!!

Other leagues having the same problems as well. EVERY league will have this issue as every game counts in CCM as opposed to a exhibition lobby game. I'm probably just the first to report it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoGotti
Tell you're owners to get better internet. This happens all the time if you DC you get the loss. I'm glad EA did this.
Ok I told them and they looked at me like I had three heads. Thanks for the advice.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearClaw
Its not fair but thats kind of how it should work. Unless they figure out a way to distinguish a genuine disconnection from the things I mentioned in my second post.
So until they can determine a legit DC you just automatically give the guy who dc'ed a loss? Sounds like guilty before proven innocent if you ask me.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo6911
Did you try advancing the week? Does the problem still exist then? This might ruin my online franchise. We are starting next week and we have 25+ guys, most of which have been playing since Madden 11. If this problem persists, this game will be a total disaster for me, as this is really the only gaming experience I enjoy for 3+ months.
I will post what happens when we advance tomorrow, but I can tell you right now a couple of things;

- Games that DC in the first half WON'T count.
- Games that DC in the second half WILL count, with the person who dropped connection getting the loss.
- When the game drops it DOES NOT give the owner still online the option to quit and don't count, only to quit and count.
- The person who dropped connection will get 0 points, although the player stats will still reflect accurately.
- The league acknowledges 0 points scored in other menus such as standings or coach stats, which skews all stat tracking since your PPG is off and other's PAPG...

Just a big ole' mess...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »