Home

No Autosave? Really?

This is a discussion on No Autosave? Really? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #1
MVP

Ejfalcon9's Arena

OVR: 9
No Autosave? Really?

Can someone tell me if there is even an autosave feature in Connected Careers in Madden? Just got through an entire off season and my game decides to freeze in week 3 of the preseason. Did EA really take the time to put a "Hey remember, we don't have an autosave feature." message when you exit CCM ,but decided just to not use a feature almost 100% of games use today. Feels like a damn troll. Crap like this happens and it just turns me off from a game. Think i'll go back to NCAA for a bit until I cool down and decide to go back through that off season that I've already done once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 04:04 AM   #2
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: No Autosave? Really?

You can only blame yourself. Don't pin it on the game maker for you forgetting to do something.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #3
Rookie

8mileroad's Arena

OVR: 3

Ignoring what Calipup, the EA employee said, the same kind of thing happened to me. I had played 2 games without saving then in my third I was switching up the TEs on my depth chart when the game froze and set me back like 2 hours of progress. I think the issue is freezing, more-so than lack of autosave.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

I certainly understand your frustration, and I'm not really sure why it's not an option in offline CCM. I'll just say that, if at all possible for you, starting an online CCM is a much better idea. Not only do you get autosave, you also get tuning that offline won't see until a patch.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
MVP

Ejfalcon9's Arena

Think I might actually try out that just creating an Online CCM and see how it flies. I'll probably keep up my Dolphins CCM since i'm now 2 years deep ,but I went back to re-creating that off season and saved after every move I made, lol i'm perinoid now. I just thought it was very odd to not have an Autosave since i'm used to my Dynasty and RTG in NCAA saving after every move I make and it it's froze once or twice on me while i've had Madden hard freeze multiple times losing progress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #6
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10

There is a message. I think it pops up right before you back out of the mode. Not positive, but saw it while playing around with it...

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...
Old 09-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
MVP

Ejfalcon9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdom less13
There is a message. I think it pops up right before you back out of the mode. Not positive, but saw it while playing around with it...
Yeah there is, it's just wierd that they would make the effort to put a "remember, we don't have autosave" message.....when their other game NCAA 13 and previous Maddens have used it. Is it really that hard to include?

Quote:
You can only blame yourself. Don't pin it on the game maker for you forgetting to do something.
And dang my mistake man, you are 100% right. I just clicked the freeze button, not the save THEN freeze button. I'll know better next time my man.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
Rookie

MarcD's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejfalcon9
when their other game NCAA 13 and previous Maddens have used it. Is it really that hard to include?
No, they'll just sell it to you next year as a "new" feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »