Home

Field Goals vs. Wind?

This is a discussion on Field Goals vs. Wind? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2012, 03:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Field Goals vs. Wind?

I didn't see a post on this yet so I apologize if this has been mentioned.

Am I the only one noticing that wind seems to have no effect on kicking field goals?

My kicker (92 KPW) couldn't hit a 51 yarder with max power and a 12MPH wind going with him. It came up well short. Next, I tried Janikowski (who we all know has probably the strongest leg in the NFL), and my 47 yarder BARELY made it over the bottom of the goal-posts, max power, 14MPH winds going in his favor.

Later in each game, I kicked into the wind, and the results were the same. With the wind in my face, on max power, I barely hit A 48-yard with Janikowski, and couldn't even come close with my 92KPW guy on a 53 yarder.

It isn't just straight wind, it's also the directoinal wind that seems to be bugged for me. I took Alex Henery (93 KPW, 92 KAC for me) and attempted a 45 yard field goal on a very windy day. The wind was blowing to the left at a rate of 19MPH. Naturally, I angled slightly to the right due to the distance and wind. Wanna guess what happened? Not only did I miss wide right, but it seemed as though the ball went even FURTHER to the right than the angle I aimed at.

If it helps, I play on All-Pro and I haven't touched the sliders.

Please tell me I'm not the only one having this issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 03:29 AM   #2
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Field Goals vs. Wind?

Maybe make the angle of the kick at it's lowest?

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 09-03-2012, 03:42 AM   #3
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Your not the only one but I doubt it'll get addressed, too low on the totem pole.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:00 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

The wind is opposite in my game, so im assuming it is for you too.

If the wind is coming towards me, the kick will go further. If it says it's going with me, it will be short.

Same with right/left...if it says the wind is going left, the punt or kick will go right. It does this for all forms of kicks
Old 09-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Is it opposite for you on every game mode and every game played? Or does it fluctuate?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

every game played, but i've only played online CCM. Cant comment on other game modes
Old 09-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #7
Rookie

bc3po's Arena

OVR: 2

i've noticed this too. I guess we should have known that the wind direction arrow actually means the opposite. Silly us!
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans
Old 09-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3po
i've noticed this too. I guess we should have known that the wind direction arrow actually means the opposite. Silly us!

Glad someone brought this up. I was thinking about this too. Seems the arrow direction and strength dont seem right on punts or kicks.
So if the arrow is facing forward and pointing to the left, does that really mean the wind in coming toward me? from the right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »