Home

changing schemes multiple times as a coach

This is a discussion on changing schemes multiple times as a coach within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Rookie

jethrobag's Arena

OVR: 2
changing schemes multiple times as a coach

If I create a coach for an online CCM, and I start the first year with a 4-3 defense, and decide after the season to change the scheme, can I then switch to a 3-4 and begin to revamp the D?

I'm thinking about a Bills franchise, playing the first couple of years with the current defense, then transitioning to a 3-4. I understand the players ratings will change accordingly.

They say that coached will adapt their schemes to the players they had, just wanted to know if this is possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: changing schemes multiple times as a coach

Right now, no one really knows how to change their schemes (except player roles). However, changing the player roles will only change the overalls for those players. What it won't do is change your game planning and you can't change playbooks.

So, I would choose a playbook that you want to run with for the entirety of being that coach. For example, with the Colts, I choose a Pass Balanced Offensive Playbook and a 4-3 Defensive Playbook. Even though the Colts are a 3-4 team starting this year, because of my playbook and player roles, they play as a 4-3 team.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
Rookie

jethrobag's Arena

i thought the scheme issue was only if you played offline. I thought it was fixed for online CCM. I was going to play an online CCM by myself since they had fixed this issue. (Or so I thought)

I was under the understanding that changing the scheme is what changed your players overall, and how you scouted future players. That's why I was wondering if you could change scheme/player roles/playbooks with the same coach.

Many head coaches change coordinators which in turn changes the scheme they run.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrobag
i thought the scheme issue was only if you played offline. I thought it was fixed for online CCM. I was going to play an online CCM by myself since they had fixed this issue. (Or so I thought)

I was under the understanding that changing the scheme is what changed your players overall, and how you scouted future players. That's why I was wondering if you could change scheme/player roles/playbooks with the same coach.

Many head coaches change coordinators which in turn changes the scheme they run.
There two different sets of schemes, your Offensive/Defensive Scheme and your Player Schemes. The Offensive/Defensive Scheme cannot be changed manually. It is believed that it is changed by adding the correct players and it will change on it's own (this isn't proven).

The player schemes can be changed and this is what affects the overalls of the different players.

Also, there are no Coordinators in the game, so so schemes won't be changing via hiring/firing coordinators.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
MVP

Here's a related (I think) question...

I started a Ravens CCM (offline...before I read anything here), went to week 1 of the preseason, and just started poking around. First, I've gotta say I don't remember ever feeling overwhelmed by a Madden franchise mode like this...and that's a good thing for me! Second, I found the area where you can select a player type/role and it shows an importance rating (in stars). It's pretty obvious how I go about changing the type/role but I couldn't figure out how to change the importance. Is that pre-determined? If not, where would I go to do it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
Here's a related (I think) question...

I started a Ravens CCM (offline...before I read anything here), went to week 1 of the preseason, and just started poking around. First, I've gotta say I don't remember ever feeling overwhelmed by a Madden franchise mode like this...and that's a good thing for me! Second, I found the area where you can select a player type/role and it shows an importance rating (in stars). It's pretty obvious how I go about changing the type/role but I couldn't figure out how to change the importance. Is that pre-determined? If not, where would I go to do it?
You cannot change the importance. I do not know how it is determined either. However, it has no effect on the game.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
Right now, no one really knows how to change their schemes (except player roles). However, changing the player roles will only change the overalls for those players. What it won't do is change your game planning and you can't change playbooks.

So, I would choose a playbook that you want to run with for the entirety of being that coach. For example, with the Colts, I choose a Pass Balanced Offensive Playbook and a 4-3 Defensive Playbook. Even though the Colts are a 3-4 team starting this year, because of my playbook and player roles, they play as a 4-3 team.
wait, canīt you simply change your playbook prior to playing each game ? After accepting, just go to advanced settings and change it.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #8
Rookie

jethrobag's Arena

Ok, so do you know if you can change the players schemes multiple times? For example, I'm the Bills, I start off with their player schemes and playbook. Two years in, I decide to dump Mario Williams, and want to run the Pittsburgh 3-4. Can I then change the OLB responibilities to pass rush, and the DE to run stop, or do I have to create a new coach?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »