Home

Generating pressure with 4

This is a discussion on Generating pressure with 4 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2012, 02:16 AM   #1
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Generating pressure with 4

I really only have 2 or 3 main complaints about the game each year, and one of them is the inability to get pressure on the QB with 4 people. It seems like its never been possible in both Madden and NCAA. And it doesn't even seem to matter if you have a great D-line.

I'm mostly referencing playing against users. Strangely enough, when playing the computer, the pressure is great! I have to throw the ball quickly and DE's frequently get to me. The same goes for me pressuring the CPU.

But as soon as I face someone online or at my house, ***with the exact same sliders and difficulty***, its just not possible. The defensive ends never spin past anyone and the DT's get pushed *backwards*. Time to throw is usually 6-9 seconds.

This is frustrating because my ideal style would be to just rush 4 each play and play zone for most of the game. But instead I have to run the Rex Ryan defense and blitz every play to get pressure.

But the point of this thread isn't to bash the game (at least, exclusively) because overall its an enjoyable experience. I'm asking if anyone out there is able to get pressure with 4 rushers and if they have any tips on doing so. Heck, I'll even take advice on good blitzes to use, because the O-line usually does a good job of picking them up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 02:25 AM   #2
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0
I have to turn down my pass rush up the cpu's pass block it's too easy to get 4 man pressure. But I do control the dl
Old 09-04-2012, 02:29 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Generating pressure with 4

Playing against a person it's impossible. Even when usering, I have yet to get a single sack and have had very few pressures with JPP. Tuck has zero sacks as well in 6 games played and very few tackles. He also is not getting pressure. Pressure is not the same thing as sacks. In order to get pressure in madden, you need to blitz. However, the O line is so screwed up it results in silly looking outcomes. You will see Guards and Tackles warp to one side in order to pick up a blitzing linebacker. It's clear that they are full of you know what when they said they "tuned" the OL/DL. It's EXACTLY the same as it was last year and the year before. EXACTLY the same.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #4
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Playing against a person it's impossible. Even when usering, I have yet to get a single sack and have had very few pressures with JPP. Tuck has zero sacks as well in 6 games played and very few tackles. He also is not getting pressure. Pressure is not the same thing as sacks. In order to get pressure in madden, you need to blitz. However, the O line is so screwed up it results in silly looking outcomes. You will see Guards and Tackles warp to one side in order to pick up a blitzing linebacker. It's clear that they are full of you know what when they said they "tuned" the OL/DL. It's EXACTLY the same as it was last year and the year before. EXACTLY the same.
I've seen plenty of pressure in user games on All-Madden. 4 man rushes get pressure, not consistently, but it's there.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #5
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
I really only have 2 or 3 main complaints about the game each year, and one of them is the inability to get pressure on the QB with 4 people. It seems like its never been possible in both Madden and NCAA. And it doesn't even seem to matter if you have a great D-line.

I'm mostly referencing playing against users. Strangely enough, when playing the computer, the pressure is great! I have to throw the ball quickly and DE's frequently get to me. The same goes for me pressuring the CPU.

But as soon as I face someone online or at my house, ***with the exact same sliders and difficulty***, its just not possible. The defensive ends never spin past anyone and the DT's get pushed *backwards*. Time to throw is usually 6-9 seconds.

This is frustrating because my ideal style would be to just rush 4 each play and play zone for most of the game. But instead I have to run the Rex Ryan defense and blitz every play to get pressure.

But the point of this thread isn't to bash the game (at least, exclusively) because overall its an enjoyable experience. I'm asking if anyone out there is able to get pressure with 4 rushers and if they have any tips on doing so. Heck, I'll even take advice on good blitzes to use, because the O-line usually does a good job of picking them up.
Check out the link in my sig, you may find what you're looking for.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »