Home

Playing with created player in Coach Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Playing with created player in Coach Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2012, 04:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Playing with created player in Coach Franchise Mode

In years past you've been able to create a player and then use them in franchise mode.... Has this feature been taken out in Madden 13?

I always create myself and have been able to use that created player in Franchise. This year, I've created myself from the main menu in "My Madden" and when I go to start a Connected Career franchise as a COACH, it goes back to the regular roster. I've tried:

1) using downloaded connected careers roster update
2) not using downloaded connected careers roster update
3) making sure I have the my customer roster file loaded

Somebody please help. I know you can use the player you've created in PLAYER connected career mode, but from what I understand you can only play as THAT player (if I'm a receiver, I am in control of running only that players routes and catching balls as ONLY that player - and cannot control anybody else - am I correct about this??)

Somebody please give me some insight with any help and I'd greatly appreciate it. I just wanna tear up the NFL!! lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 04:16 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Playing with created player in Coach Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJordyB
In years past you've been able to create a player and then use them in franchise mode.... Has this feature been taken out in Madden 13?

I always create myself and have been able to use that created player in Franchise. This year, I've created myself from the main menu in "My Madden" and when I go to start a Connected Career franchise as a COACH, it goes back to the regular roster. I've tried:

1) using downloaded connected careers roster update
2) not using downloaded connected careers roster update
3) making sure I have the my customer roster file loaded

Somebody please help. I know you can use the player you've created in PLAYER connected career mode, but from what I understand you can only play as THAT player (if I'm a receiver, I am in control of running only that players routes and catching balls as ONLY that player - and cannot control anybody else - am I correct about this??)

Somebody please give me some insight with any help and I'd greatly appreciate it. I just wanna tear up the NFL!! lol
Yeah you are right about controlling the player in player mode..

I have always created myself as well but this year if you want to do that you can only do it in player mode, and play that player only.

You can't create any players for coach mode unfortunately
Old 09-04-2012, 04:20 AM   #3
Rookie

That is beyond upsetting! Why would they do that?

And also, does anybody have any insight as to why they'd change from regular Franchise Mode to this Connected Careers mode? What added gameplay does this give the user?

If anything, its taking aspects of the game away (no created players in coach mode, no more player editing, etc.) I've never been disappointed in a Madden release until this year's. Granted, I'm still going to be playing it avidly, but I'll still be disappointed. Oh well, EA doesn't seem to care what the buyer wants, just as long as they have our $63 at the end of the day is all that matters to them.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:02 AM   #4
Rookie

andyacecandy's Arena

OVR: 1

yeah just found this out just now... bummer!
Old 09-08-2012, 04:37 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I just realized it too I used to add a few old time players to me Bears teams. This really sucks, Im going back to 12. Leave it to EA to find a way to screw up and just when I was thinking the game play is really good DAM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #6
Rookie

edjames01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbshowtime
I just realized it too I used to add a few old time players to me Bears teams. This really sucks, Im going back to 12. Leave it to EA to find a way to screw up and just when I was thinking the game play is really good DAM
This sucks BIG TIME, but isn't a reason to go back to M12
Old 09-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

For me it is, M13 isn't playable for me I'm debating on returning to GS but something is telling me to wait just in case EA adds C-A-P in the chise mode as a update. I doubt this but one can wish
Old 03-22-2013, 02:33 AM   #8
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjrosco
Yeah you are right about controlling the player in player mode..

I have always created myself as well but this year if you want to do that you can only do it in player mode, and play that player only.

You can't create any players for coach mode unfortunately
Yes u can. I figured it out. Sorry i know this post is old but i figured out how to play a career with created players and trades. Simply download the online roster. Then change our create whatever you want. Then save it but do not change the file name! Then when u go to play a career it loads the roster you just customized. Only downfall is when u play online u have to download their roster again. But i tried it and it worked. Hope this helps everyone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »