Home

Poker's "Adopt-A-Team" Thread!

This is a discussion on Poker's "Adopt-A-Team" Thread! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Poker's "Adopt-A-Team" Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
>wants to rebuild a team
>only looks at teams with the lowest QB overall
>plays ****ty just to get a early draft pick
>drafts a QB

>makes playoffs next season

This is all I see on the forums when people refer to rebuilding teams. Why not take a team like the Ravens with an aging defense and rebuild that instead of drafting a QB and calling it rebuilding.
IE:

Real life Colts?
Old 09-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #18
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly3
Raiders will always be a solid madden team.

As for the Rams they have 4 1st round picks in two years. . . rebuilding them will be easier than you think.

Good DEs, a Franchise QB, RB, and a lot of youth at CB.
couldn't agree more with the Rams....i was gunna roll with them again this year since i used them last year and i had a blast.....those extra picks+current youth on the roster makes it interesting to play with the Rams
Old 09-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #19
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Im planning on turning the saints completely around once Brees retires. I'm going to go with more of a West Coast type offense with a fast QB. Will probably have Nick Toon and Jimmy Graham run the offense. Going to turn Cameron Jordan into a Pro Bowl DE.

I like choosing teams that I can play with while coming up with a plan. Like a 8-8 team. I'm planning on having my Saints IMO, then another to rebuild the Dolphins and lead them to the playoffs then switch to the Redskins.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 1

If you have a Bad QB rebuilding starts with that position hands down. No matter what, with a bad QB, QB is the 1st option to look forward to in the draft or free agency (Seahawks, Colts, Redskins all used this method in 2012 free agency)

Then what I normally do is start finding players that fit my scheme.

4-3 speed rush ends, run stopping DTs, athletic, but strong LBs, press/man CBs, and play-making safeties.

I prefer athletic O Line, but any of them work, vertical threat TE, red-zone threat WRs with speed, and a one cut RB with high carrying.

All of that is sent into my mind for what rebuilding is.

QB is the most important position in football.

Ravens as a rebuilding team? Sold offense, replace Ed Reed, Ray Ray, and Suggs, and then that's a rebuild? Wow. that was one off-season worth of work because their CBs, and other players are younger! Tough one.

Last edited by FlyEaglesFly3; 09-04-2012 at 01:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »