Home

What Happened?

This is a discussion on What Happened? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #201
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
But that doesn't even come close to answering what he was asking. How does such an unfinished product with so many problems get released?

And how many major movies get released that are unwatchable because of "issues"? It's usually just because it's a badly written movie. The bold is were you are wrong. Movies don't come out with just as many issues. Which is just flat out false. This is the part I LOL at. And you still are sidestepping his question.

No, it comes back to the quality of the product that is released or lack thereof. And Madden has been very sub par this entire console gen.

I understood exactly what the guy was saying.
I certainly don't find 13 unplayable. You yourself said the major issues with the game are on the periphery.

I would say the issues that face 13 are exactly the same as continuity errors in films. Most people won't notice, but some will make a really big deal out of them.

Have you actually played 13, by any chance? Or are you too busy playing pc games to bother?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #202
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: What Happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I certainly don't find 13 unplayable. You yourself said the major issues with the game are on the periphery.

I would say the issues that face 13 are exactly the same as continuity errors in films. Most people won't notice, but some will make a really big deal out of them.

Have you actually played 13, by any chance? Or are you too busy playing pc games to bother?
Even though franchise is on the periphery of the actual game play, it is far from insignificant and offline franchise has been unplayable Some things in online franchise make it difficult to play. Those are real big deals. You only do "Play Now" games? online or against buddies that you don't NOTICE all the things wrong? Maybe we are talking to someone with such a narrow scope of the game that you honestly don't know of the BIG issues that do exist.

Maybe you need to educate yourself. Come back to me after you look at the larger scope of the game.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #203
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

I don't really have an issue with the game to be honest. But the fact that two roster updates have to be provided for this game speaks volumes about the conflict with CCM. Idn. the EA community should make an effort to speak on that and LISTEN to the customers...it feels like de ja vu.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 09-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #204
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
His issue was "How does something so unfinished and full of problems get released?" It's really not that difficult to understand.

Your still sidestepping the issue.
A) it's not unfinished. There are bugs, but the implementation of the features of the game are complete.

B) the development environment is complex and issues crop up that are unforeseen. This is something that affects the entire industry, which I feel like I've told you 5,000 times.

C) the creation of a film and the creation of a game should not be held to the same standard, as one is much easier to "bug test" than the other. You don't have to test films for thousands of man hours to find a slight issue. In most cases it's readily apparent if you know what to look for.

D) I assume we're talking about post-production of a film, since script issues and poor acting are execution problems. In that case, I'd say that there are far fewer variables in post for most films than there are in developing games. Certainly there can be issues with CGI (obviously, since that's software) but the basic editing and mixing of a film is pretty cut and dry, and hard to really screw up if you know what you're doing.

E) a movie that was literally unwatchable would be apparent to anyone who is watching it. It's an objective measure. Obviously whether or not these bugs make the game unplayable is subjective, as something like the punter bug is no big deal to me, but might be a big problem to some.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #205
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Even though franchise is on the periphery of the actual game play, it is far from insignificant and offline franchise has been unplayable Some things in online franchise make it difficult to play. Those are real big deals. You only do "Play Now" games? online or against buddies that you don't NOTICE all the things wrong? Maybe we are talking to someone with such a narrow scope of the game that you honestly don't know of the BIG issues that do exist.

Maybe you need to educate yourself. Come back to me after you look at the larger scope of the game.
Have you seen the FAQ thread?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #206
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
I don't really have an issue with the game to be honest. But the fact that two roster updates have to be provided for this game speaks volumes about the conflict with CCM. Idn. the EA community should make an effort to speak on that and LISTEN to the customers...it feels like de ja vu.
What's the conflict? There was either a conscious decision to not allow you to use edited rosters in the game or something about it didn't work.

Does that make it unplayable?
Old 09-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #207
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8

I almost feel bad for having as much fun as I'm having. I roll my eyes a few times a game on some of the BS I'm seeing but I'm having a blast. I have been hoping for any form of a physics engine that would allow for plays to have organic feel. I have been hoping for a Franchise mode that would give me the feeling of the "Man drama" that is reported on ESPN and the NFL Network. I have complained for years about the terrible announcers.

This is the first year in a long time that they took big boy steps to make the game feel like it belongs on this generation of consoles. I can list a hundred things I would like to see changed, brought back, or fixed but I believe that EA took a bigger leap forward than ever before and I'm having fun with the game despite it's flaws.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #208
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
A) it's not unfinished. There are bugs, but the implementation of the features of the game are complete.
We will disagree on that.

Quote:
B) the development environment is complex and issues crop up that are unforeseen. This is something that affects the entire industry, which I feel like I've told you 5,000 times.
Does not excuse all the problems it was released with. And much of the issues were foreseen/known.

Quote:
C) the creation of a film and the creation of a game should not be held to the same standard, as one is much easier to "bug test" than the other. You don't have to test films for thousands of man hours to find a slight issue. In most cases it's readily apparent if you know what to look for.
Madden should be held to a much higher standard than what it has been released as. And that was his point. But you keep going off on this tangent like it really means something.

I can see now why we differ. For some reason you accept the significant lack in quality at release.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »