Home

*Potentially* doing Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

This is a discussion on *Potentially* doing Madden 13 Draft Class Guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
*Potentially* doing Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Alright, rdm1800 and I have been talking and debating about whether we will do a draft class guide for Madden 13. We've been doing these since Head Coach '09 individually or together. You can find some of them on these boards to see what I'm referring to.

CFraychineaud's Madden 10 draft class guide can be found here:

Madden 10: Players with "A" Potential (all draft classes in spreadsheet form)

Rdm1800's Madden 11 draft class guide can be found here:

**SPOILERS** Madden 11 Complete Draft Class Guide

Our combined Madden 12 Draft Class Guide can be found here:

** SPOILERS ** Madden 12: Complete Draft Class Guide

So from what we've discussed so far, Development is the new version of Potential, the difference being that you can make any player become an "A" potential player at the cost of some XP. There are certain positions where skills become WAY more expensive than the cost of development so those should probably be prioritized over development levels for those positions. It also seems that there is a cap on the amount of XP you can get from weekly goals from development/coach XP bonus per position/starter position. The biggest difference after the XP is that season goals get easier to achieve with higher development.

SO WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN?!?!

We know there are again 30 different draft classes. However we do NOT currently know for sure what stays the same in the different classes OTHER than the Storyline players. We know for a fact that those storyline players are named the exact same thing as several people have gotten the same ones, also you'll notice many of the stories about them often play on words with their name. A QB in my first draft class was named Jack Kane, and one of the story lines was KANE IS ABLE! which well yeah...

So we know we will be able to differentiate draft classes by those story lines. What we are planning on potentially doing is creating a draft class guide that lists all the 2 and 3 level development players at each position. Development goes from 0 to 3, 0 being slow, 1 = normal, 2 = quick, 3 = superstar. By doing this you have a baseline for each draft to then scout depending on your system choice and find what else matters.

I will be trying to come up with a list of the positions and what skills become the most expensive so that you can use that to help plan for what you want high at the start.

WHAT WE NEED FROM OUR THREAD VIEWERS/GUIDE USERS!

If possible to make SURE that classes are matching up before we go through and chart all 30 is if you can please check your draft class and give us the storyline characters you have (you can filter all storyline events in the news section) and then info on say the kickers of that draft. Name, School, Age, Height, Weight, Projected Round, Projected Pick.

I know that seems like a lot of info to give for the kickers, but there should only be 1-4 of them max. The projected round and picks will likely change based on their production level which changes depending on where you are throughout your season.

This information from enough people will allow us to see what stays the same and what doesn't. The Storyline players may stick with the same draft class or they may not, but it seems like they stick together.

Thanks for the help and we will try to get this moving as quickly as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: *Potentially* doing Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

For the sake of online franchises and proceeding lack of sun exposure, please don't.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4

Please do not contribute to this effort as it will destroy online franchise completely.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Please do not!!!! Draft Class "guides" like these ruined the draft for many online franchises last year. Please, for the love of all that's good, don't do it!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Please do not!!!! Draft Class "guides" like these ruined the draft for many online franchises last year. Please, for the love of all that's good, don't do it!!!
It's up to the commissioners and players to put rules into place so as to not cheat the system in online franchises.

If the people in your online franchise break the rules you probably wouldn't want to play with them anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

I was wondering if you guys would make one again - thank you, I'll share whatever data I find that is useful.

The previous guides are among the most popular posts and threads on OS, I wouldn't worry about a few people's complaints. Tons of posters are waiting for your guide - you see people asking every day.

Thank you for all the hard work.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 38

As long as you put spoilers, I couldn't care less what you do.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
It's up to the commissioners and players to put rules into place so as to not cheat the system in online franchises.

If the people in your online franchise break the rules you probably wouldn't want to play with them anyway.
Maybe in past Maddens, but this year you can scout any players you want, so drafting a 6th round grade player in the 1st won't be fishy this year unlike previous versions of online franchise drafts where this wouldn't make sense (aside from XFN draft's of course). Near impossible to tell if someone were to use a draft guide this year if one is made, but still gives some guys who choose to use it an inside edge and advantage.

But if these guys wanna do it, there's no stopping them. OF players are a portion of the crowd, as I'm sure there's plenty who want who play offline or online. Kinda takes the fun of scouting away when you know what guys to target off the bat, but to each their own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »