Home

Let's Hash out Schemes and Player types

This is a discussion on Let's Hash out Schemes and Player types within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #49
Rookie

vicaddict's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Let's Hash out Schemes and Player types

I am currently trying to rebuild the Browns and I am thinking of switching to a 4-6 Defense, but what I don't understand is that there are no player types that would fit that scheme. Is the "4-3 Attacking" description another term for the 4-6, because there isn't a "4-3 Attacking" defense either and I have never seen a player with a 4-6 trait? I am confused.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicaddict
I am currently trying to rebuild the Browns and I am thinking of switching to a 4-6 Defense, but what I don't understand is that there are no player types that would fit that scheme. Is the "4-3 Attacking" description another term for the 4-6, because there isn't a "4-3 Attacking" defense either and I have never seen a player with a 4-6 trait? I am confused.
most teams don't run 46 like they did back in the day.

they might have a formation or two out of it like the ravens do.

However for a whole 46 playbook I would look for multiple front scheme players all around since those players can fit into multiple schemes.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by btvs
I have a question for everyone... Do you put all 5 of your O-linemen under the same scheme or do you switch it up for each of them?
Playing as the Chargers and being a mainly passing vertical offense/spread offense I have my tackles set to pass blocker, my center also set to pass blocker and my guards set to big mauler to allow Mathews to get some blocking help for the runs I do have, quite a few as it is only a 55-45 pass/run split in my offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAM3R4LYF3
Playing as the Chargers and being a mainly passing vertical offense/spread offense I have my tackles set to pass blocker, my center also set to pass blocker and my guards set to big mauler to allow Mathews to get some blocking help for the runs I do have, quite a few as it is only a 55-45 pass/run split in my offense.
What I don't understand about "Big Mauler" is a player with PB of 89 and RB of 76 shown as a Big Mauler. I have seen at least 2 OL with higher rating for PB being shown as Big Mauler.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #53
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_BlacKnight
Are you playing with adjusted sliders? Or just default?
Extremely adjusted sliders. All-pro level with human ratings largely at 0 and in the teens, cpu 70s to 80s.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #54
MVP

I traded for SS Kam Chancellor of the Bucs and saw his OVR go from 87 to 82. I assumed that was because he went from 4-3 to a 3-4 team. I then traded him to the Jets and his OVR went from 82 back to 87. Now that seems kind of fishy to me since the Jets are also a 3-4 team.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #55
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I traded for SS Kam Chancellor of the Bucs and saw his OVR go from 87 to 82. I assumed that was because he went from 4-3 to a 3-4 team. I then traded him to the Jets and his OVR went from 82 back to 87. Now that seems kind of fishy to me since the Jets are also a 3-4 team.
You need to look at what the Jets set their 'Player Type' to for the SS position, then compare that to your setting.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
You need to look at what the Jets set their 'Player Type' to for the SS position, then compare that to your setting.
Player type is not the issue, Chancellor is shown as run support which is what my team needs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »