Home

OS Fact or Fiction: Is Madden for Real This Time?

This is a discussion on OS Fact or Fiction: Is Madden for Real This Time? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OS Fact or Fiction: Is Madden for Real This Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I say FACT - I think this new dev leader is making good on trying to make this game better and more realistic. Remember, the team, what, doubled in size for Madden 12 while there was still hangover from what the Ian team had done setting up 12 and this team has now had 13 to build on all by themselves and they've done a good job.

Now, the one thing that bothers me, and makes me mad, is what they will possibly need to alter, drastically or otherwise, for 14. EA usually has to taper, cut and move things around to be able to implement new additions and changes on with these current systems.

The, uhh, maddening part is how much better this game could have possibly been LOOONG AGO, even with a smaller Madden dev team, if MS just went with effin Blu-ray. Bigger disc space increases the data capacity of what devs can do on one disc. DVDs hold this game back and causes all that tapering, cutting and moving around. Anybody want to take this personally and argue this, again, go educate urself. Not trying to start some debate. It's FACT and there ARE games on PS3 that only needed one Blu-ray disc when that very same game had to be released on multiple DVDs for the 360. MS messed that up for all of us.
If EA still had wanted to double up on the team with having Blu-ray copacity for both systems, sheesh, Madden would probably be approaching if not already at legendary status with 13.
Good point I say. However, some of the "basic" elements of Franchise could of been kept with a bigger local install package. Yea I hate waiting too for games to install data but edits and roster control would of tapered the lynchmobs. Many of them. EA has haters, I know. Much of it is their doing anyway. NHL is one of my favorite all time IPs in their defense.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_IllusiveGuy
Good point I say. However, some of the "basic" elements of Franchise could of been kept with a bigger local install package. Yea I hate waiting too for games to install data but edits and roster control would of tapered the lynchmobs. Many of them. EA has haters, I know. Much of it is their doing anyway. NHL is one of my favorite all time IPs in their defense.
Yea but I have NO probs with one time initial installs. I don't see the fuss. I could see if EVERYTIME u booted up the game, u'd have to find something to do prior to playing but it's just a, uhh, one-timer. Heh...

Things definitely coulda been better by now but, whatever. I like 13. Most fun I've had with a Madden in a very long time.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #75
Rookie

Re: OS Fact or Fiction: Is Madden for Real This Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Yea but I have NO probs with one time initial installs. I don't see the fuss. I could see if EVERYTIME u booted up the game, u'd have to find something to do prior to playing but it's just a, uhh, one-timer. Heh...

Things definitely coulda been better by now but, whatever. I like 13. Most fun I've had with a Madden in a very long time.
Oh yea, bigger initial install wouldn't be dealbreaker here either. Sometimes I get irk'd when I can squeeze an hour in for a game I bought and that install sneaks up on me. No big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
Fiction without a shadow of a doubt. I'm going to keep saying this, until they can find a way to get down or even address the core fundamental aspects of football, I will never consider this game. Good things here and there ain't gonna cut it. Line-play, player movement, overall animations, and AI take priority over any other aspect of the game. All in all, I'm just frustrated with the game I grew up playing and actually liked it.

I look at the NBA2K vs. NBA Live series and can honestly say Madden probably would have had the same fate or a drastic reduction in sales, if they had not acquired the exclusive license. Let's be real folks!
Well said.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #77
the team

k_mac's Arena

OVR: 17
I'd have to say it's a fact. For the first time in years I am having fun playing Madden. I was very hesitant to pick the game up, but I ended up buying it anyways. I am very pleased so far. Sure, I'll have to get used to the Connected Careers, but I think Madden is definitely on the right track. Love the infinity engine.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #78
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5
It's the little things EA is still missing that make this game tough to handle. I know a new engine and some AI aspects are going to have bugs attached to them so I decided to wait for the patch to release and then start my new coach ccm. In the meantime I decided to be John Elway.

My concern is that after all of these years of superstar mode and now CCM. Why can the QB still not send his receivers into motion? It's the little errors in the game that make it the same old thing and really it's an error that shouldn't even be there.

Am I missing something? Is this a trait I have to unlock? If so that is dumb because part of the QB job description is pre-play adjustments.

Oh and one more thing it's time to do away with the plays with the pre-snap motion routes, any run the cpu jumps all over, and any pass the route gets jumped by the cpu. Especially when it's AI running. I've seen those guys run back over a first down line before.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #79
Rookie

I agree with Jayson Young (Fiction). Although Madden 13 has taken a step in the right direction, it's a step that's long over due and something that should have taken place in Madden 08 or 09. Madden 13 is still a long ways away from being a great game of virtual football. I think many gamers have forgotten how good video game football used to be and they have been subjected to the only mediocre brand of football available for too long. I remember a time when the thing that kept me playing video game football was the gameplay and franchise mode itself, and not the ability to rack up rpg like xp as in CCM. Another thing too, why does the QB's wind up and release take so damn long in Madden, I could never figure out why a QB can't ever get rid of the ball when he is under pressure, it happens all the time in the NFL, why not in Madden. I guess it really isn't in the game.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #80
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Just wanted to point out something I noticed here. The last site poll asked how we felt about Madden 13. And the vast majority voted great, or good. Yet in this article the vast majority pretty much hate it.

Not trying to be a "smart guy." I just find it interesting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »