Home

how is Emmitt behind Payton in "Legacy Score"

This is a discussion on how is Emmitt behind Payton in "Legacy Score" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: how is Emmitt behind Payton in "Legacy Score"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eival
walls of text, none of which actually on the topic of how EA's legacy score actually adds up based on the criteria in the game, which says Superbowls, Championships and Yearly Awards. of which Emmitt has more than Payton.
LOL

Poor guy. Starts a thread to ask a Madden question and this happens.

For the love of god guys, this wasn't supposed to be a Emmitt vs Walter debate, it's about the Legacy Score in Madden.

Sorry I have no answer for you though, hopefully some people clue in that they are missing the point here.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
You listed each ones (Legacy) accomplishments, I would assume they than took other things into account.
Opinion certainly isn't measured in the video game. Statistically, Emmitt is superior.

So when we play the game, how do we get judged if this is how it's setup?

Old 09-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by eival
clearly superbowls and division titles have a baring cause its listed, yet some how Walter Payton has 700xp more than Emmitt, who not only had the same number of Yearly Awards but won 3 superbowls and 6 division championships, oh and has the most TDs and Yards all time 2nd to only Jerry Rice

how does 1 superbowl, 1 championship and 12 awards = 14k

yet 3 superbowls, 6 championships and 12 awards = 13k
Emmitt better overall than Payton? Keep dreaming... Stats don't mean everything, one day you will learn that, hopefully
Old 09-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I think there are two different ways the game measures legacy scores.
There is a formula used for user players and current/future players but when it comes to the past legends I am sure EA makes "modifications" to the formula to get the proper rankings.

If two people were to create 2 new RBs and put up Smith's and Payton's exact same career numbers in CC player I am sure the player who put up Smith's legacy score would be higher.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 5

Ranking RB's, Jim Brown and Walter Payton are at the very top.

There was no part of Payton's game that was average. He did everything very well. He ran with power and finesse, was a very good receiver out of the backfield and an excellent blocker. Plus he was a good emergency QB. He could actually throw the ball well.

You could probably add Gale Sayers just under these two. Only a 6 or 7 year career and still a HOF'er. Would have had much better career stats w/o the career ending injury. I'm not sure Emmit is in my top 5 for all time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Ranking RB's, Jim Brown and Walter Payton are at the very top.

There was no part of Payton's game that was average. He did everything very well. He ran with power and finesse, was a very good receiver out of the backfield and an excellent blocker. Plus he was a good emergency QB. He could actually throw the ball well.

You could probably add Gale Sayers just under these two. Only a 6 or 7 year career and still a HOF'er. Would have had much better career stats w/o the career ending injury. I'm not sure Emmit is in my top 5 for all time.
With respect, no cares where you have Emmit in your all time list of top RBs.
The issue is how legacy score is determined. And if it goes by stats (which is the only logical way such a score can be determined) Emmit should be above Payton.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
With respect, no cares where you have Emmit in your all time list of top RBs.
The issue is how legacy score is determined. And if it goes by stats (which is the only logical way such a score can be determined) Emmit should be above Payton.
Stats isn't the only logical way it can be determined.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Stats isn't the only logical way it can be determined.
I have to disagree.
Personally I think Walter was a better RB, but how do I make a formula or equation and use opinion as a variable?

Remember, I am not speaking of real life; I am only speaking of how the game calculates legacy score. In game limiting yourself to stats makes sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »