Home

Storyline character models

This is a discussion on Storyline character models within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Storyline character models

It seems to me that the storyline characters are a contributing factor to why editing was not in this year. I wonder if they could have locked the storyline characters and allowed for all the others to be edited? I still think that kits and numbers should be available to edit for all players in the game.

Anyway i dont think that the storyline characters have unique character models and i cant help but feel that this is an opportunity missed here. I say this because i have found myself scouting the storyline characters more than anyone else, i have found myself specifically drafting some of these guys whether i really need them or not simply because i enjoyed following their stories throughout the prior season. So i think that it is a shame that that is where the unique interests of these guys stop, wouldnt it be cool if the had unique player models? and the way that Ray Lewis has his signature entrance or Victor Cruz salsa's after a TD it would be neat if these guys had interesting unique character traits like this.

They had Trey Wingo go to the trouble of scripting a bunch of storyline scenarios relating to these guys, it seems like they should have got Sims and Nantz to say a few lines at least about these guys too.

Because these guys had the great storylines coming into the draft it would also be great if those storyline continues to some degree into your franchise. If you had a guy that had personality issues, was suspended for violations from college but you took a chance on him because his upside was too good to pass up if a couple years into your franchise it was possible that he got into off field trouble again, it would make taking a gamble on a guy like that an actual gamble rather than just getting a steal later in the draft. Also being a Motivator coach as opposed to a team builder or strategist could lower the chances of troublemaking players causing trouble on account of your mentorship.

This is absolutely one of my favorite new additions to Madden and i think that it has so much more potential, i have just seen EA dump good ideas instead of improving them too many times before, please help this aspect of Madden 13 reach its true potential.

I would love to hear what other people think of the storyline feature in general and opinions of some of the ideas i have suggested here

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »