Home

This NEEDS to be changed. CCM practice.

This is a discussion on This NEEDS to be changed. CCM practice. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 02:01 AM   #17
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: This NEEDS to be changed. CCM practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamncharge
Hey everyone, thanks for the replies. Let me clarify my post.

In a player CCM when you simulate practice I'm not sure whether the rest of the team gains XP or not.

In a coach CCM if you simulate practice your backups will gain no XP throughout the season. Your starters will but not through practice, but by meeting weekly goals.

I understand the grind mechanic and I enjoy it. But if I choose to simulate one week I should be given a minor amount of XP. If I'm given 600 XP for a failed practice give me 500 for a simulated practice. If you want more XP you have to grind for it by doing practice, but don't FORCE me to play practice. I have a life, and I'd appreciate the option to simulate it at the cost of less XP.
I totally understand the "I have a life" aspect. I've got a girlfriend and a full-time job. As I've said, there are practices that are three minutes long...and more like 2:15 with the accelerated clock.

They just want you to play the game. I'm not saying it couldn't be a bug... but three minutes (and I believe there is also practices under three minutes with you starting on defense trying to make a hold) is NOT any type of major commitment.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:03 AM   #18
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Since the cpu teams are not gaining this practice XP (I assume) I don't want it either.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:19 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
I totally understand the "I have a life" aspect. I've got a girlfriend and a full-time job. As I've said, there are practices that are three minutes long...and more like 2:15 with the accelerated clock.

They just want you to play the game. I'm not saying it couldn't be a bug... but three minutes (and I believe there is also practices under three minutes with you starting on defense trying to make a hold) is NOT any type of major commitment.
Practice mode isn't the game to me. The game to me is playing the season games. I'd like to skip ASAP to the season games instead of playing practice. If that means I got alot less XP, say 500 instead of 1200-2000 exp a week.. That's fine. I'm paying for my decision by losing a large amount of XP every week. But if I'm going to gain absolutely no XP and also have my backups gain no XP by refusing to play practice.. They're basically forcing me to play practice mode. Why even include a simulate option if it will ruin your team?

Not sure if a coach completing weekly goals adds XP to your players however, if someone could confirm that it'd be nice.

If I want to gain my extra XP and put in the work I'll play each one. But if I feel like simming practice and skipping straight to the game I should be able to do so, just at the cost of less XP. Not completely cutting me out from it.

All the game does by having me gain 0XP from simulating practice is giving me less options.

If I simulate a season game I shouldn't gain any XP from it either because I'm not playing the game. Wouldn't that upset you guys? I know it's not a large time commitment, but it's still valuable time I could be spending playing the actual game.

Last edited by adamncharge; 09-08-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:03 AM   #20
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm curious, for those that enjoy the grind, do you look at goals and tailor your gameplan to reach those goals so you can earn more XP?

Personally, I don't EVER want to play the practice mode and I only look at goals after the fact. I don't care about XP and I almost always simulate progression. But I'm starting to think that my attitude about this will end up really hurting my team in a couple years. But seriously, I DONT want to practice!
Old 09-08-2012, 03:28 AM   #21
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I been simming the practices but in order to do a practice mode right the cpu needs to gain xp from practice (if they dont) and players need to be able to get injuries in practice (if they dont) I doubt that either of those two things happen but if they do please let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 03:30 AM   #22
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

The simplest way to find out is to pick a practice, simulate it -- but do it after looking at the lowest players on your team XP wise (in the progression screen.) See if it really is giving you 0XP, first of all.

If it winds up with it being "That's the way the cookie crumbles" -- I definitely wouldn't want it prioritized in a patch over a lot more serious issues. Again, I get the whole "having a life" thing, I have one too.

It's three minutes of football. It's not like the game makes you play tiddlywinks or forces you into gamelong practices. And for the XP/HR of each practice, its nearly asinine to go for the longer practices anyways because they simply aren't worth the experience.

If you've already done the homework and made sure you get 0XP, then you have your answer, but I am pretty positive that they gave you the right to be lazy and simulate your practices, but you don't get anything for not playing the game.

I would say that is fine for most of us... if they required you to play full games, it'd be one thing -- but they don't. If it matters that much to you, do "The Grind", punt the ball away, and go make yourself something to drink to get ready for your next game. The CPU will run the clock out on you, and you'll get 500XP for failure.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:32 AM   #23
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I been simming the practices but in order to do a practice mode right the cpu needs to gain xp from practice (if they dont) and players need to be able to get injuries in practice (if they dont) I doubt that either of those two things happen but if they do please let me know.
I'm nearly positive no one gets injured in practice, and I'm also nearly positive that you'll really never find out if the CPU gets XP from practice or not, because I'm fairly sure your XP would reset for the team upon assuming a different coach in CC.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #24
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamncharge
The issues going on with CCM are all serious issues, but nobody seems to talk about the biggest issue in my OP. Simulated practices give you 0XP.

I understand that you shouldn't gain alot of XP for simulating a practice, but backups don't gain XP unless you practice. This means if you simulate a full season through CCM, you're wasting 20 weeks worth of XP for every bench player.

Also, if I'm a player and I choose to simulate practice.. I'd want to be penalized, not completely shut out from the XP. Not all of us have the time to play these practices.

A complementary amount of XP, atleast 500 per simulated practice would be enough for me. What do you guys think?
I personally like the fact that they did this. I don't think you should be rewarded with free XP if you're too lazy to practice.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »