Home

after watching today's game about the int's in madden????

This is a discussion on after watching today's game about the int's in madden???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #9
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: after watching today's game about the int's in madden????

It's very simple you can't compare the amount of Madden INT's to those IRL, most madden players make more bad decisions. There shouldn't be a cap or limit to the INT's you throw just because you don't know what the heck you're doing.

There should be as many INT's as bad throws into, or forced into coverage by users who are careless with their passing game. If you don't to throw INT's I suggest you break down the routes vs defenses if you do not already know where the weakness of zones are and what routes are effective vs man. Also throwing before the WR breaks open is important, you can't wait til he's open.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 09-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #10
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
It's very simple you can't compare the amount of Madden INT's to those IRL, most madden players make more bad decisions. There shouldn't be a cap or limit to the INT's you throw just because you don't know what the heck you're doing.

There should be as many INT's as bad throws into, or forced into coverage by users who are careless with their passing game. If you don't to throw INT's I suggest you break down the routes vs defenses if you do not already know where the weakness of zones are and what routes are effective vs man. Also throwing before the WR breaks open is important, you can't wait til he's open.
I think if you suck at passing, you should turn the INTs down and build it up as you get better. I personally sucked because I always played CM, but after a week of practice, I'm a 55-60% passer with 0-2 picks a game depending who I play. I'm not the best but I certainly don't need YouTube passing tutorials anymore.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #11
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
What are you talking about? Drew Brees threw the ball directly at the LBs at least 5 times and they all dropped it. But when he threw it deep, he got picked twice.
Yea but thats just one game. Maybe 9 out of 10 is high , but I can see 7 or 8 out of 10 if the ball is thrown directly at them. That's the key.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #12
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Yea but thats just one game. Maybe 9 out of 10 is high , but I can see 7 or 8 out of 10 if the ball is thrown directly at them. That's the key.
That's a huge generalization because not EVERY LB is going to catch the ball, whether it's directly to them or not. I don't expect them to catch picks at all in Madden because the ones in NFL are just luck.

Your saying Jo Lonn Dunbar has just as much chance to catch the ball as Curtis Lofton? I think a few 10 percenters could catch the ball, not every LB. I still like my picks to be by Ed Reed, not Courtney Upshaw; not having a pick won't hurt his progression.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #13
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
That's a huge generalization because not EVERY LB is going to catch the ball, whether it's directly to them or not. I don't expect them to catch picks at all in Madden because the ones in NFL are just luck.

Your saying Jo Lonn Dunbar has just as much chance to catch the ball as Curtis Lofton? I think a few 10 percenters could catch the ball, not every LB. I still like my picks to be by Ed Reed, not Courtney Upshaw; not having a pick won't hurt his progression.
Yea your right. There is too much that is invovled with how this works, Sometimes it can just be one of those days that everyone holds on to the ball, and days they dont. Simply put momentum.

Well does Madden have it right, who knows? I know for me personally I like to punish myself for throwing the ball right at a defender, so I rasie my slider so they catch it.

It would be nice if someone can find what the precentage is that a defender catches a ball thrown at him? I would search but right now im lazy .

I just want to roam the forums.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #14
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Yea your right. There is too much that is invovled with how this works, Sometimes it can just be one of those days that everyone holds on to the ball, and days they dont. Simply put momentum.

Well does Madden have it right, who knows? I know for me personally I like to punish myself for throwing the ball right at a defender, so I rasie my slider so they catch it.

It would be nice if someone can find what the precentage is that a defender catches a ball thrown at him? I would search but right now im lazy .

I just want to roam the forums.
Was just on the computer making a Sean Payton game face but can't find a picture of him with a straight face. His lips are his smile with teeth. I wonder what it'll look like in game when his lips move.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #15
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

How about playing All-Pro, 15 minute quarters, accel clock to 20 sec and the CPU team throws 9 picks against me?

Stats otherwise are all good in the game, other than maybe too many running plays. There were about 40 pass attempts by the CPU, Andy Dalton.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #16
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I am a broken record at this point but it's mainly about the process in Madden, securing the INT, than about the result. What gets ridiculous in Madden is every defender making some INT looking like Deion Sanders. The game needs far more variations for defenders making plays on the ball AND the ability for intended receivers to trigger pass defense animations, to "become the defender" to attempt to prevent INTs. I don't think it would be that hard to have intended receivers "become a defender" on balls that defenders are clearly going for an INT on. The key is to allow the same process for securing an INT as they do, somewhat, for a catch, that provides a window for the intended receiver to trigger "become a defender" animation to attempt to break up the INT attempt.

This would allow for more terrible completion percentages and less INTs UNLESS gamers are making throws in double coverage, overthrows and/or tip passes. It looks bad when I consistently see LBs, DL or less than stellar DBs, routinely making spectacular INTs and would play out much better if INTs were happening on tipped and overthrown passes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »