Home

after watching today's game about the int's in madden????

This is a discussion on after watching today's game about the int's in madden???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #17
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: after watching today's game about the int's in madden????

The number of interceptions per game doesn't justify the interceptions themselves. How and passes are picked off in Madden is a lot different than in real life. I throws picks from time to time, we all do... but I pride myself in the general lack of picks I ever throw.

Another problem with Madden is how accuracy works... or really that passes are tethered to the receiver. Accuracy is simply based on how tight that pass is tied to the receiver on a given play, and then a die is rolled to see if there is a catch/pick/swat.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #18
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
The number of interceptions per game doesn't justify the interceptions themselves. How and passes are picked off in Madden is a lot different than in real life. I throws picks from time to time, we all do... but I pride myself in the general lack of picks I ever throw.

Another problem with Madden is how accuracy works... or really that passes are tethered to the receiver. Accuracy is simply based on how tight that pass is tied to the receiver on a given play, and then a die is rolled to see if there is a catch/pick/swat.
Yes, this. Sad part is you have been to Tiburon and likely have told them this in person, yet, it is what it is. I am coming to grips with that the design decisions that seem to be made for Madden are not conducive for making the kind of football game I want to see and have played before.

What I wonder is if these design decisions for representing NFL football in Madden will change/has changed for the new consoles or not because, imo, if these same type design decisions are made on the new consoles, the football in Madden will still be "off".
Old 09-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I am a broken record at this point but it's mainly about the process in Madden, securing the INT, than about the result. What gets ridiculous in Madden is every defender making some INT looking like Deion Sanders. The game needs far more variations for defenders making plays on the ball AND the ability for intended receivers to trigger pass defense animations, to "become the defender" to attempt to prevent INTs. I don't think it would be that hard to have intended receivers "become a defender" on balls that defenders are clearly going for an INT on. The key is to allow the same process for securing an INT as they do, somewhat, for a catch, that provides a window for the intended receiver to trigger "become a defender" animation to attempt to break up the INT attempt.

This would allow for more terrible completion percentages and less INTs UNLESS gamers are making throws in double coverage, overthrows and/or tip passes. It looks bad when I consistently see LBs, DL or less than stellar DBs, routinely making spectacular INTs and would play out much better if INTs were happening on tipped and overthrown passes.
I see a lot of picks happen because the WR just doesn't have situational awareness. The DB's play the ball while the WR carries on with the catch animation.

It would be nice if they added a pass defense button as a WR, I think they could implement it like they have it for defenders. You could use the same button as the swat button for defenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 09-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #20
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
I see a lot of picks happen because the WR just doesn't have situational awareness. The DB's play the ball while the WR carries on with the catch animation.

It would be nice if they added a pass defense button as a WR, I think they could implement it like they have it for defenders. You could use the same button as the swat button for defenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A button to manually "become a defender" would be nice but that doesn't address the AI. For instance there are User controls for performing pass rush moves but the AI still doesn't seem to do them. I feel AI should be programmed to "play football" regardless of what the User chooses to do. Now I also think what the User chooses to do with their controlled player should effect the 10 other AI players, like a User controlled player freelancing outside the play call potentially confusing their teammates. The User can only control one player at the time so that means the other 10 players are under AI control and should be playing according to their ratings. I despise the fact that a player can have two main options on a play and if the User takes away one, they just go to the other because the AI players will not adapt.

For instance, I played someone online that would use a delayed release of the RB out the backfield together with a TE shake route. No matter how many times the TE did that exact same shake route, the defender would not adjust and if I covered it manually, then they would throw the delay to the RB, again, even in no huddle, the AI would still fall for the delay. I have heard a radio show where Ian stated the adaptive AI in User v User games is INTENTIONALLY different than User v CPU and that doesn't make sense to me. They seem to think that adaptive AI automatically equals an overpowered defense or something but it just adds risk/reward to mixing up play calls. So if adaptive AI was far better then we could actually set plays up against the AI, like playaction, double moves, trick plays, etc.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 4

Any one that complained about DBs dropping too many INTs in Madden simply doesn't watch enough football. I've always thought that was one of the worse complaints towards Madden. It's just that it's a lot better now that DBs cover and play the WRs better now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #22
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

I've been keeping notes in my Raiders CCM with my sliders (52) int No Dlineman have intercepted

DL have tipped or dropped 5 but havent intercepted any

LB's have picked off 4 and dropped or swatted 11

Secondary has 10 int's 13 dropped and swatted 14 balls

This is through about 8 games myself and CPU included

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 09-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #23
Rookie

Dakota822's Arena

OVR: 0

I have no problem with interceptions. The problem is that sometimes interceptions are the only incomplete passes in the game. Now it's no where near as bad in Madden as it was in NCAA but if I'm 15-21 with 4 interceptions then is that realistic?

Catch me streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/dakota_o/profile

Last edited by Dakota822; 09-10-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #24
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota822
I have no problem with interceptions. The problem is that sometimes interceptions are the only incomplete passes in the game. Now it's no where near as bad in Madden as it was in NCAA but if I'm 15-21 with 4 interceptions then is that realistic?
No way man. I see lots of dropped passes, especially if you try to run before you fully catch the ball.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »