Home

CCM (HB Player) Screen Pass

This is a discussion on CCM (HB Player) Screen Pass within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
CCM (HB Player) Screen Pass

Hey guys, I need some help. I am playing a CCM as a halfback. I am having a really hard time running routes when calling a pass play, especially with screen passes. Is there a button to hold to let the CPU control you? It doesn't seem to be that way this year. When I run my own routes, if the pass is thrown to me, it is acting like I wasn't "looking" and my player doesn't attempt to catch it.

Anyways, any recommendations on how to run better routes would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: CCM (HB Player) Screen Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exogenesis33
Hey guys, I need some help. I am playing a CCM as a halfback. I am having a really hard time running routes when calling a pass play, especially with screen passes. Is there a button to hold to let the CPU control you? It doesn't seem to be that way this year. When I run my own routes, if the pass is thrown to me, it is acting like I wasn't "looking" and my player doesn't attempt to catch it.

Anyways, any recommendations on how to run better routes would be great.
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure if you just don't touch anything when the ball is snapped your player will run his route on his own.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock9958
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure if you just don't touch anything when the ball is snapped your player will run his route on his own.
I've tried that. Either it doesn't work that way, or my controller is messed up.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:30 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Try using call for a pass/pass commit your player, I believe the Y button on xbox.

I find screen passes pure hell, because my power RB has a tendency to get tangled up on D/O-line players. And if I run him directly sideways to start with, the D- immediately covers him.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:31 AM   #5
Rookie

Half a Beard's Arena

OVR: 0

Have you tried holding A (X on PS)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Screen passes have worked pretty well for me so far. The trick is not getting tangled up with the pass rushers. When the ball is snapped, try to move forward a bit, but stay behind your lineman. Avoid contact as much as you can with the pass rushers. Wait a second for your lineman to start moving to the side and once they do, move out behind them. After a couple of steps, call for the pass (A button on XBOX) and your QB should lob it over to you. If all goes well, you will have the ball with 3 lineman in front of you ready to pave the road.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »