Home

Is it impossible to progress Offensive Line properly? Let me explain.

This is a discussion on Is it impossible to progress Offensive Line properly? Let me explain. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #9
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Is it impossible to progress Offensive Line properly? Let me explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1744
If I remember correctly it was during an interview with Rich Grisham for Box Score where Donny Moore stated that RBF RBS PBS and PBF are no longer used as they didn't work properly and only RB and PB are now used
This seems a backward step in player differentiation and no explanation was given as to why they couldn't get them to work
Let us hope the further integration of physics into line play helps in this regardallowing more athletic linemen to be distinct from the stronger maulers etc
Yep, Josh Looman just confirmed this to me on twitter. I agree, it is a step backward in differentiating players. I also don't understand why they left those ratings in if they don't matter anymore. Oh well, at least I have an answer now. Thanks

Last edited by Dbrentonbuck; 09-10-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #10
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
Yep, Josh Looman just confirmed this to me on twitter. I agree, it is a step backward in differentiating players. I also don't understand why they left those ratings in if they don't matter anymore. Oh well, at least I have an answer now. Thanks
Wow, all I can say is we play with sliders and it DEFINITELY seems like players with lower PBS/PBF (I will see if their pass block rating is low as well) are getting handled by DL with higher PMV/FMV. Perhaps the sliders are the key vs the default settings. Though if this is the case what do we look to, to counter the DL moves...just the standard PBK/RBK numbers I'm guessing, seems empty and hollow that way.

Our experience has seen the lesser lineman getting beat without help or keeping in TE's/HB's.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 09-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #11
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
While you're getting answers from him can you find out if progressing run blocking in CCM actually upgrades the RBS and RBF (and the same with pass blocking upgrading PBF and PBS)? Otherwise there is no reason to progress OL.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 2

He said that the RBS/RBF etc. are not used and that only RB and PB are used. They may be trying to get to a point where they work. Thats likely why they are in there, but right now I think its pretty clear that they are irrelevant.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #13
Rookie

Zuke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgame06
can you link us to this podcast? i'd like to hear what else he had to say in that
http://www.gamesradar.com/box-score-podcast-015/
Old 09-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #14
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
He said that the RBS/RBF etc. are not used and that only RB and PB are used. They may be trying to get to a point where they work. Thats likely why they are in there, but right now I think its pretty clear that they are irrelevant.
This. According to him, the newer ratings don't work at all now and only the RBK and PBK work. This seems to make sense because when you look at Oline in the some of the personnel screens in CC, the screens where they show the ratings that matter most for a particular position, they show RBK and PBK first or close to first and the newer strength and footwork ratings aren't shown at all. With that being said, Josh said "those ratings aren't used in CCM now", but do they still work outside of CCM which would be odd?
Old 09-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #15
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuke
He starts talking about this around 1:04. But he doesn't say anything other than they didn't work like they wanted them to, so they don't effect gameplay anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #16
Rookie

I find this all very interesting, considering, a friend and I were just talking about, EA IMPROVING the line interaction because, for the first time in a long time, the human controlled offensive lineman were actually pancaking the CPU's defensive lineman on the default sliders.
WOW :\

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »