Home

Speed Rushing DEs in 3-4 Scheme

This is a discussion on Speed Rushing DEs in 3-4 Scheme within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2012, 05:34 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Speed Rushing DEs in 3-4 Scheme

If I have pass rushing OLBs who are going against the tackels, do you think its better to have speed rushing DEs or power rushing DEs, because my DEs will be going against the guards. I'm looking for pass rush, not run stop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #2
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Speed Rushing DEs in 3-4 Scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andonly
If I have pass rushing OLBs who are going against the tackels, do you think its better to have speed rushing DEs or power rushing DEs, because my DEs will be going against the guards. I'm looking for pass rush, not run stop.
It doesn't matter if you had Reggie White, Deacon Jones, Michael Strahan and Chris Doleman on your defensive line, they will be pretty much useless at rushing the passer in Madden, and it's been that way for years. FYI, there is not any kind of "speed rush" in Madden, and finesse move DE's are even more useless than power move DE's. Your best bet to get semi-consistent pressure in Madden is to blitz or "dog" your LB's and CB's fairly often.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
Rookie

justtxyank's Arena

OVR: 1

I agree that pass rushing is the most broken area of gameplay in the game. Too bad that most casual gamers care about offense offense offense.

However, you can get a pass rush out of your DE in a 34 along with the OLB. Just make sure you don't waste money on OLB or DE on the side matching the LT because they will barely generate any pressure.

The problems with the pass rush in my mind are:

1) Left Tackles, even average and bad ones, are solid as a rock. They lock down pass rushers like nothing.

2) QB has perfect vision and reflexes. Unlike real life, a QB in Madden can see every receiver at all times and can see blitzers. This makes it easier for a QB to get a throw off before you can get to him. I had a QB running from Barwin with his back to the right side of the field and he spun around to throw the ball and got a completion. LOL Pathetic. In reality, with his back to that side of the field, there is no way he should have known whether anyone on that side was open or where they even were.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtxyank
I agree that pass rushing is the most broken area of gameplay in the game. Too bad that most casual gamers care about offense offense offense.

However, you can get a pass rush out of your DE in a 34 along with the OLB. Just make sure you don't waste money on OLB or DE on the side matching the LT because they will barely generate any pressure.

The problems with the pass rush in my mind are:

1) Left Tackles, even average and bad ones, are solid as a rock. They lock down pass rushers like nothing.

2) QB has perfect vision and reflexes. Unlike real life, a QB in Madden can see every receiver at all times and can see blitzers. This makes it easier for a QB to get a throw off before you can get to him. I had a QB running from Barwin with his back to the right side of the field and he spun around to throw the ball and got a completion. LOL Pathetic. In reality, with his back to that side of the field, there is no way he should have known whether anyone on that side was open or where they even were.
It's not just the Left Tackles. My stud DE, Cliff Avril lines up over the Right Tackle and he gets ZERO pressure. He is a finesse move guy (92 rating I believe), so that makes it even more difficult. User-controlling a power move guy over the Right Tackle helps some, but even then, it is useless far too often and you get pancaked way too much.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 09-11-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah I thought it was just me who thought there was really no pass rush. If you read the coverages right passing is fairly easy but it's only because you get no pressure. I tried playing on the line and if you do a power move it seems like you always fall forward and when you try finesse moves you never get by.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #6
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluteme757
Yeah I thought it was just me who thought there was really no pass rush. If you read the coverages right passing is fairly easy but it's only because you get no pressure. I tried playing on the line and if you do a power move it seems like you always fall forward and when you try finesse moves you never get by.
Exactly sir!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluteme757
My person favorite in the "why hasn't pass rush been looked at in years" is if you use the R3 controls to do a move almost all the time the guy you are controlling simply falls down on his face.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

If you want to get sacks just play against the Chiefs. I've been sacked 18 times in the last three community games I've played. And most of the sacks came on short to intermediate passing plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »