Home

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 Available Now (Updated to Include Full Details)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 Available Now (Updated to Include Full Details) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #33
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 Available Now

It just befuddles me how you can customize the roster to "Play Now" but you can't for ccm. Absolutely ridiculous.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #34
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I still don't understand wasting a patch on things such as this. We all know that patches are limited and you need to fix the most possible with each patch so WHY only fix these minor things. I understand the stability fix, but CCM Quick start??? or Gameface improvement.....really??? This is hardly what most people would deem, priority over other areas of the game that need patching.

Oh well, I feel like I am just typing for no reason because it will never change. The weird decisions will continue and we will always be left scratching our head.
I've been saying all along, based on past history, major fixes after game ships aren't fixed till October/November.

I didn't think anything would be different with a patch 2 weeks after launch.

Not saying it's right at all, just that history is a good predictor.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #35
MVP

prey2god's Arena

And history says they don't give a crap about the consumer. They basically said "HA HA...we got your money and there's nothing you can do about that!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 25
Pretty pointless patch if u ask me...guess maybe sometime in November we might see something actually fixed...
Old 09-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #37
Rookie

Christian Antonio's Arena

It costs a lot more to put out multiple patches than it does to pay a developer to write those patches. The whole multiple patches to save money is a purely consumer reaction.

It would be fiscally idiotic to release multiple do-nothing patches. It'd be in their best interest to release a single patch fixing everything. Because of demand, they release many, meaning not every big fix can get in before it needs to hit cert in order to go live.

I totally understand the consumer side, but it's only because you don't understand the process, honestly.

So while it may seem like greedy EA is just fooling you into staying fans of the series, it's pretty backwards that EA would waste money on something that really doesn't influence purchase decisions the following year as long as the game wasn't broken after the last patch this year.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

And if you knew the history, no one's expectations would be high with a patch 2 weeks after launch.

Prey, you know I've been trying to warn folks not to get their hopes up, and yet, after 2 weeks after launch, people feel that all noted bugs should be fixed.

Those two weeks = MS/Sony certification.

Last edited by roadman; 09-11-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #39
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Antonio
It costs a lot more to put out multiple patches than it does to pay a developer to write those patches. The whole multiple patches to save money is a purely consumer reaction.

It would be fiscally idiotic to release multiple do-nothing patches. It'd be in their best interest to release a single patch fixing everything. Because of demand, they release many, meaning not every big fix can get in before it needs to hit cert in order to go live.

I totally understand the consumer side, but it's only because you don't understand the process, honestly.

So while it may seem like greedy EA is just fooling you into staying fans of the series, it's pretty backwards that EA would waste money on something that really doesn't influence purchase decisions the following year as long as the game wasn't broken after the last patch this year.
Save the semantics. It's not important. Bottom line is they don't care about the consumer. There's no conspiracy behind this theory. This patch was a poor attempt at damage control.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #40
Rookie

Christian Antonio's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
Save the semantics. It's not important. Bottom line is they don't care about the consumer. There's no conspiracy behind this theory. This patch was a poor attempt at damage control.
It can be damage control all it wants to be, but the last thing a "greedy" EA wants to do is throw money at something that doesn't help them in the long run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »