Home

Camera in Player CC follows the ball, not your player.

This is a discussion on Camera in Player CC follows the ball, not your player. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

OVR: 0
Camera in Player CC follows the ball, not your player.

Let me start by saying I am one of the very few people that played Superstar mode every year. I was a big fan of playing in the secondary and shutting down receivers. I always enjoyed the fresh view of looking at the offense while I played, it made playing defense much more fun. I was disappointed when I learned a couple months back that they removed the defensive camera view completely. Still, I wasn't going to let this stop me from enjoying the game.

I knew from last years Online Team Play mode that I wasn't able to play corner or safety the way I wanted to due to having to play from the offensive camera. Knowing this, I decided to start off my first Player CC (Superstar) as one of my favorite players of all time, Reggie White.

It took only one game to find out how frustrating the camera is in this mode. The camera will follow the ball instead of your player like in prior games. This means that once the ball was thrown, I had no idea where I was in relation to the ball. Same thing happened when my LB got a pick, I wanted to block for him but was unable to get within the camera view.

This really brings down the gameplay for a defensive player cc. This may not be a problem for offensive players but I never cared for being a WR/RB/QB etc.

I doubt this can be patched and I know there are bigger problems that need to be addressed right now, so I'm posting this here in hopes that the issue gets fixed for Madden 14.

So has anyone else experienced this kind of frustration while playing this mode or am I alone with these thoughts?

Eagles | Phillies | Flyers | Sixers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
Rookie

8mileroad's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Camera in Player CC follows the ball, not your player.

I love playing cornerback, and I'm still trying to even though the Madden devs want the players to play only QB or HB, but it's nearly impossible. It's incredibly irritating not being able to see your player until well after the ball is snapped and the camera zooms back, and it makes it almost impossible to jam since you'll be beat by the time you can see yourself. I guess I'm going to have to move to safety.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Sucks being a WR. Running certain routes are very hard.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #4
Rookie

kunner's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow218
Sucks being a WR. Running certain routes are very hard.
Yessir, I started a CCM with Irvin just to be a ginormous wide out, and I cant even get a pass thrown at me, when I do, there are 3 DBs there and the ball is jarred loose.

Wish the camera followed you like it does in NCAA, at least it does for my MLB.
NCAA- Wisconsin Badgers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »