Home

trying to progress a rating to mid 90s is very costly

This is a discussion on trying to progress a rating to mid 90s is very costly within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #9
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: trying to progress a rating to mid 90s is very costly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd_newton72
He's said that in several posts. Troll.
I know. I spam flagged him as well.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk49er
sorry, by practice I should have said "offense, or defense" to get the base points for all players on your team, I think you get 1200 or so for even backups
Please elaborate on this. Are you saying that certain practices can give good amounts of exp to your players outside of the actual games? Give a detailed breakdown becuase i too am struggling with progressing certain players.

One thing i have noticed is that the development rating definitely affects how much progression cots. If a player is a "superstar" then few of their attributes cost much and they seem to gain points much faster. I had Henry melton go from the low 80s to 90 ovr in one year. Also physical traits are hard to change. Trucking, speed, agility, etc cost a ton regardless, but they still count a lot toward most ratings so you have draft guys with great physical traits and low skills if you want them to become high rated players.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

In the coach xp section, buy the "boost position player xp"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

i haven't done any practices or games outside of playoffs.

what i've determined is if i want a high 90s trucking back, i have to find him like that and buy with XP a small boost in Accl or Speed (which costs more than Accl). Much cheaper to buy ACCL or Speed points i need than trucking points. why, i'm not sure.

buying a point of trucking costs up to 200,000 or so once you're in the 90s. i can't see ever getting enough points to boost trucking from 91 to 96, for example. thus i have to start with a back with 96 trucking and buy maybe 3 or 4 ACCL points.

i'm a bit dissapointed i can't find a Trent Richardson or young MIchael Turner in any of the draft classes.

and i hope the "troll" comment wasn't directed at me. i've made a few posts about trucking backs but didn't get many responses. i think my comments and questions are fair and not "trolling" -- dissing the game or making needless posts. i think it's a very legitimate discussion trying to figure out how to get a player into the mid 90s for a certain attribute.

and, for what it's worth, i don't expect a super back like Adrian Foster.

i think starting with Johnathan Stewart, 90 Speed, 91 ACCL and 93 Trucking is my best bet. i can't raise his trucking but could buy a couple ACCL points over a couple seasons.

just trying to have fun with a hard trucking back with good speed. ironically my Bills traded Lynch who fits the bill (no pun intended) and i personally don't like Lynch so i won't trade for him or put him back on my team.

but Marshawn with a couple more ACCL points is my ideal back.

Last edited by billsmetalbooze; 09-13-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #13
Rookie

One thing about the price of some attributes when progressing, is that some are just too inflated IMO.

I understand some attributes like speed for a RB being really high, or strength for a D-Lineman, but it just seems inconsistent. For example, in my CCM my QB had 96 throw power. I was able to progress him from 96-99 for roughly a total of 75k XP. Another thing with my QB is it costs more to progress my elusiveness, which is at 38, than it costs to improve accuracy when it is in the 80's.

Then I go to my RB. His stamina is 92. To progress him one single point to 93, it was 74k XP. To progress him from 93-94 it was over 75k XP. So to progress him 2 points in stamina it costs 150,000+ XP.

So it costs more to progress my RB 1 point in stamina than it cost to progress my QB 3 points in Arm Strength, or about 10 in throwing accuracy.

It costs more to add two stamina point to my RB, than it would cost me to take a RB or any other player from a slow development all the way to a superstar. I could progress my RB (Richardson) from 90-93 speed, for almost less than it cost for ONE stamina point.

Seems like the points are messed up.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan89
One thing about the price of some attributes when progressing, is that some are just too inflated IMO.

I understand some attributes like speed for a RB being really high, or strength for a D-Lineman, but it just seems inconsistent. For example, in my CCM my QB had 96 throw power. I was able to progress him from 96-99 for roughly a total of 75k XP. Another thing with my QB is it costs more to progress my elusiveness, which is at 38, than it costs to improve accuracy when it is in the 80's.

Then I go to my RB. His stamina is 92. To progress him one single point to 93, it was 74k XP. To progress him from 93-94 it was over 75k XP. So to progress him 2 points in stamina it costs 150,000+ XP.

So it costs more to progress my RB 1 point in stamina than it cost to progress my QB 3 points in Arm Strength, or about 10 in throwing accuracy.

It costs more to add two stamina point to my RB, than it would cost me to take a RB or any other player from a slow development all the way to a superstar. I could progress my RB (Richardson) from 90-93 speed, for almost less than it cost for ONE stamina point.

Seems like the points are messed up.
yes, i agree; it's very inconsistent and illogical at times.

also of note, i compared different running backs with the very same number for an attribute, like 90 speed, for example, and different backs required different XP to level up from 90 to 91 speed, to use that example.

i thought it was a result of their Development Level, but i believe (not 100% sure but i think so) that a couple guys were both at average or mid development.

i then wondered if scheme was a factor but not sure. i think age might be a factor. for example, getting Fred Jackson to progress from 90 to 91 speed was about 33,000 or so while getting J. Stewart from 90 - 91 speed was only about 16,000 XP.

your examples about increasing stamina are troubling:

"So it costs more to progress my RB 1 point in stamina than it cost to progress my QB 3 points in Arm Strength, or about 10 in throwing accuracy."

this is very wrong to me. any player should be able to increase stamina marginally through better conditioning and training. i'm not saying a 15-point stamina increase, but a few shouldn't be a problem.

but all in all, i like how progression to elite level is harder than in the best. i just want to play with a top end trucking back but running with Adrian Foster seems too easy and cheap.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze
yes, i agree; it's very inconsistent and illogical at times.

also of note, i compared different running backs with the very same number for an attribute, like 90 speed, for example, and different backs required different XP to level up from 90 to 91 speed, to use that example.

i thought it was a result of their Development Level, but i believe (not 100% sure but i think so) that a couple guys were both at average or mid development.

i then wondered if scheme was a factor but not sure. i think age might be a factor. for example, getting Fred Jackson to progress from 90 to 91 speed was about 33,000 or so while getting J. Stewart from 90 - 91 speed was only about 16,000 XP.

your examples about increasing stamina are troubling:

"So it costs more to progress my RB 1 point in stamina than it cost to progress my QB 3 points in Arm Strength, or about 10 in throwing accuracy."

this is very wrong to me. any player should be able to increase stamina marginally through better conditioning and training. i'm not saying a 15-point stamina increase, but a few shouldn't be a problem.

but all in all, i like how progression to elite level is harder than in the best. i just want to play with a top end trucking back but running with Adrian Foster seems too easy and cheap.
Yeah I have a Jags CCM with two studs that I drafted. Waters at RB, and Parks at QB. Both Superstar Devs. Both 24.

To advance Waters stamina it was a little over 74k.

To advance Parks Arm Strength from 96-99 it was something like 24k, then 25k, then 26k. So I got him to 99 for roughly the same price.

To advance throw accuracy, I couldve taken Parks PA pass, or one of his accuracy attributes and taken it from 80 to roughly 90-92 with that same 75k points. It silly that stamina is that much for a RB. Its also silly that elusiveness for a pocket QB with 64 speed, is more than my PA pass and accuracy were when they were in the low 80's, and my elusiveness is at 38. I mean which one is more important for my pocket QB? My accuracy going up from 82 to 83, or my elusiveness going from 38 to 39.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze
i haven't done any practices or games outside of playoffs.

what i've determined is if i want a high 90s trucking back, i have to find him like that and buy with XP a small boost in Accl or Speed (which costs more than Accl). Much cheaper to buy ACCL or Speed points i need than trucking points. why, i'm not sure.

buying a point of trucking costs up to 200,000 or so once you're in the 90s. i can't see ever getting enough points to boost trucking from 91 to 96, for example. thus i have to start with a back with 96 trucking and buy maybe 3 or 4 ACCL points.

i'm a bit dissapointed i can't find a Trent Richardson or young MIchael Turner in any of the draft classes.

and i hope the "troll" comment wasn't directed at me. i've made a few posts about trucking backs but didn't get many responses. i think my comments and questions are fair and not "trolling" -- dissing the game or making needless posts. i think it's a very legitimate discussion trying to figure out how to get a player into the mid 90s for a certain attribute.

and, for what it's worth, i don't expect a super back like Adrian Foster.

i think starting with Johnathan Stewart, 90 Speed, 91 ACCL and 93 Trucking is my best bet. i can't raise his trucking but could buy a couple ACCL points over a couple seasons.

just trying to have fun with a hard trucking back with good speed. ironically my Bills traded Lynch who fits the bill (no pun intended) and i personally don't like Lynch so i won't trade for him or put him back on my team.

but Marshawn with a couple more ACCL points is my ideal back.

I got lucky and traded for a future rd1 pick and got the top overall pick... The pick I took was a Powerback with 96 speed, 95 Acell, and 96 trucking.. right off the bat. Yeah... crazy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »