Home

They added maximum passing but id nothing to counter it on defense.

This is a discussion on They added maximum passing but id nothing to counter it on defense. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #33
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: They added maximum passing but id nothing to counter it on defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I'm talking about LOS adjustments. You don't even need to audible, you can change a man play into mostly zone if you are quick enough. Also you need to user certain zones to stop big plays, can't expect the AI to do everything. User skills are important. And lastly the ball hawk feature if what they put in to counter the strong passing game....

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
You don't see this as a problem? What's the point of calling a play if you're changing players to do the complete opposite? Defenders adjust in real life but not to the extent that you're talking about.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 09-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #34
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
Would you like it back the way it was in Madden 12?
Care to elaborate what pacific area?

Mega
Football is in the building.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just out of curiosity what makes passing any different this year? There's always been the ability to lead players with the left stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #36
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

In reference to the "ball hawk" feature, I think the INT portion should removed and just allow Users to utilize the swat when ball hawking. I am referring to the current mechanic that lets Users hold down the swat button in the same manner and I think that is what should happen as well when holding down Y or whatever button for "all hawk". INTs are not easy in the NFL nor should the be in Madden, imo. I would actually argue that INTs should have a far more difficult User mechanic then even M12, which was essentially just move the player to a spot and press a button.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #37
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Dood, no! EA has a great system here already. Look at the majority response to this game man. Most people are genuinely enjoying this game and have little to complain about unlike other maddens. Do not change something that makes this game and I think the ball-hawk and defense make this game as good as it is. I don't see ball-hawk as cheap or too easy. If you time it incorrectly, you get burnt...simple as that.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 09-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #38
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
The thing is that if a receiver can adjust to his QB making an instant decision midplay so could the defender. But the defenders a lot of time just keep running on blindly. I get it they get tricked on routes but cmon on midplay adjustments? Really? Every time? Cmon.
Yeah I feel you and I don't want either doing it instantly. I stated a while back, based on the NCAA 13 demo, that I would prefer to see receivers having to read and react to the ball, like defenders, instead of instant adjustments.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Never knew of a ball hawk feature in maddens before this, unless it was called something else, but it wasnt used at all and you can tell the guys who had "stick" and the ones who didnt.

There are several reasons why this feature is OVER POWERED, and one is the way defenders get to the ball that is clearly over thrown and yet they still make the INT instead of an attempted INT. Maybe its the camera angle but when I see my wr get behind his defender by a couple of steps, I dont expect an overthrown pass to be picked off by that same defender and it makes it look like it was either under thrown or he has the speed of a cheetah and can jump like he's in the matrix.

Just take it out basically for all-pro online ranked and make it optional everywhere else. Defeats the purpose of playing defense, its like someone holding your hand or some kind of QTE.

Thanks for responding, I hope that made sense!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #40
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
You don't see this as a problem? What's the point of calling a play if you're changing players to do the complete opposite? Defenders adjust in real life but not to the extent that you're talking about.
No dood I don't. Because you can come out in man and your opponent may decide to run a man beater, so if you can get some zones in there its gonna screw him up. Its all about adjusting.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »