Home

Worth getting just for career mode?

This is a discussion on Worth getting just for career mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Worth getting just for career mode?

The main reason I want to get Madden 13 is just for a QB Connected Career/Superstar mode. Is it worth dishing out $60 (more like $55 if I trade Madden 12 in) mainly for this mode (once I get my Live fixed I'll probably play some ranked too)? What are the new features/additions if you're doing Superstar mode, or should I just keep Madden 12 and continue my Superstar there? I'm not really that hardcore of a football fan, but give me your thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Worth getting just for career mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Podolski
The main reason I want to get Madden 13 is just for a QB Connected Career/Superstar mode. Is it worth dishing out $60 (more like $55 if I trade Madden 12 in) mainly for this mode (once I get my Live fixed I'll probably play some ranked too)? What are the new features/additions if you're doing Superstar mode, or should I just keep Madden 12 and continue my Superstar there? I'm not really that hardcore of a football fan, but give me your thoughts.
As a player you can get contract offers, which is a nice addition over Madden 12. Other than that it is honestly pretty similar, just with a bit better graphics and gameplay (for the most part, there are many issues though). If you're only doing Superstar mode you would probably like the Twitter/News Feed also since your player can sometimes get mentioned on there to give you a little more immersion.

Overall, the new Madden has its faults, but I'd still say its worth the money. Maybe try buying a used copy and just keeping Madden 12. Then you can try out the new one and return it if you're not a fan, and still have your Madden 12 to go back to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »