Home

What does the awareness rating in Madden 13 affect in certain positions?

This is a discussion on What does the awareness rating in Madden 13 affect in certain positions? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What does the awareness rating in Madden 13 affect in certain positions?

The ones saying awareness doesn't matter are probably the same people that say agility, break blocking, trucking, strength and other attributes dont matter. I've played this game long enough to know they all matter somewhat...some dont matter nearly as much as they should but 95% of them play a difference in how the player performs. Awareness plays a huge part for certain players, especially recievers i've noticed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2012, 02:01 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzayla
The ones saying awareness doesn't matter are probably the same people that say agility, break blocking, trucking, strength and other attributes dont matter. I've played this game long enough to know they all matter somewhat...some dont matter nearly as much as they should but 95% of them play a difference in how the player performs. Awareness plays a huge part for certain players, especially recievers i've noticed.
pfft what ever man
the rating mean generally nothing in game
they mean something for simmed stats but thats about it
Old 11-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

One thing I noticed with WR with high AWR is that they work back to the ball more on hitch routes. In other words a high AWR WR will come back to the ball while the ball is in the air, creating separation between him and the defender. A low AWR WR will sit in his route where he will wait for the ball to come to him with the defender is on his back. At that point, the success of the play is dependent on their CIT rating since they are about to get hit.

I tested this when I banked aton of XP for my WR. I went into practice and did the same hitch route play over and over again. He caught the first few balls but started to drop once he got hit by the defender as he sat in his route. I quit the practice before the end so i can do the same practice again. Before doing so, I jacked up his AWR with the banked XP. Went back into practice and ran the same plays and saw a different WR where he was coming back to the ball.

Its subtle but I thought this was really cool. If you watch NFL games and hear the color commentators talk about the elite WRs, they will talk about WRs working back to the ball and catching the ball at its highest point. Steve Smith as someone who isn't a big WR but plays like one, comes to mind who does this. I think the big difference between Megatron and Stephen Hill is this. Both have similar phsyical abilities but Megatron will work back to the ball and is clean with his routes while Hill waits for the ball to come to him and uses his body to catch passes. i think AWR addresses this.

Before this test, I used to spend aton of points on CTH, SPC, and CIT. Now, I go for AWR first until I get to 85-90 AWR. then, i spend it on the rest.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #28
MVP

in m13 i have no doubt the solid icon appears faster if awr is higher, ie the more aware receiver may break off route or turn at just the right time.

i need to test awr and defence. i think prc affects reaction speed and awr how they act upon reacting. i think commiting to the pass overrides prc for a couple of seconds until awr kicks in. for example commiting to pass and they run the draw on 3rd and long. i think pa does the same to prc but awr overides if high enough with innate prc to recognise that its pa.

i do know in coach mode the qb with 80 awr achieves more with the same plays than if you edit it to 50
Old 11-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #29
Rookie

Actually this years Madden has made me realize that Awareness matters..
WRs with low AWR come off the ball slower.. On defense it doesn't seem to matter much
Old 11-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by car9melo
pfft what ever man
the rating mean generally nothing in game
they mean something for simmed stats but thats about it

I play all my games and notice a difference no matter if its a CB, LB, or even safety on defense. Of course the best RB's, WR's, QB's play better than a scrub 90% of the time too.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #31
Rookie

Still playing 12, but from my experience with this game and previous Maddens is that awareness matters but not for the reasons you would think. For example, with regard to running backs the higher the awareness the back has, the better his O-line blocks and opens holes for him. I've tested this by switching RB's between plays and there is a noticeable difference in blocking each play.

I've noticed this a bit in QB play too. A QB with higher awareness will tend to have more open receivers to throw to during the course of the game.

If this is the case, I think this is ok... until the Madden engine is completely re-done, the only way to handicap low awareness ratings with a user controlled player is to affect things like blocking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm curious about RB awareness in M13, does it affect blocking by the OL and more importantly does it affect the RB's ablility to block a blitzing LB?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »